Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone go to Oakgrove Leisure Centre?...

Options
  • 29-04-2010 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

...or able to recommend a good gym in Wilton/Blackrock/anywhere in between? I'm looking to work off my Easter choccy pounds and this Oakgrove place is only down the street from where I work, but the website doesn't really give too much info about it.

No real prerequisites except parking and not having to queue to get on the equipment :pac:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I use jurys on western road , never have to queue for any equipment and nice swimming pool too. Heres their website for gym/pool
    http://www.nrgfitness.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

pow wow wrote: »
    ...or able to recommend a good gym in Wilton/Blackrock/anywhere in between? I'm looking to work off my Easter choccy pounds and this Oakgrove place is only down the street from where I work, but the website doesn't really give too much info about it.

No real prerequisites except parking and not having to queue to get on the equipment :pac:

Thanks!

I'm a former member and work nearby. I'd suggest you ask for a tour. I liked the place because it was so quite and not full of Barbies or Arnies. Many times I had the pool or Sauna to myself. Staff were friendly and helpful. Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Former member of oakgrove too and would reccomend it highly. The only killer for me was the opening hours weren't as great as other gyms but this was a few years ago so might have been extended since.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

SomeFool wrote: »
    Former member of oakgrove too and would reccomend it highly. The only killer for me was the opening hours weren't as great as other gyms but this was a few years ago so might have been extended since.
    SkySter wrote: »
    I'm a former member and work nearby. I'd suggest you ask for a tour. I liked the place because it was so quite and not full of Barbies or Arnies. Many times I had the pool or Sauna to myself. Staff were friendly and helpful. Recommended.

+1 from me, former member also and only live within a few minutes, nice gym and run well, always helpful staff around to sort you out with advice and offering help and tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Thanks a mill folks, will check it out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement