Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permit query

• 29-04-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I hold a full driving license for categories b and w. I have just passed my theory test and picked up the learner permit application form.

Here's the thing. It asks have you ever held a learner permit before. Now I presume that this means in the category I'm currently applying for because I've obviously had a provisional for the car. Should I tick no to this?

Also, it asks to include your current license or learner permit with the application. Is a photocopy enough? I don't want to send my license in the post only to be stopped at a checkpoint while it's out of my possession.

Then there's the eye test. I wear glasses. I have my full license about 2 years. Do I need another eye test?

Lots of questions I know but had a good look around the forum and couldn't find the answers.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Hi all. I hold a full driving license for categories b and w. I have just passed my theory test and picked up the learner permit application form.

Here's the thing. It asks have you ever held a learner permit before. Now I presume that this means in the category I'm currently applying for because I've obviously had a provisional for the car. Should I tick no to this?

Don't think it makes much difference just tick yes.
    Also, it asks to include your current license or learner permit with the application. Is a photocopy enough? I don't want to send my license in the post only to be stopped at a checkpoint while it's out of my possession.
    If you go to the tax office they will just look at your full licence and give it back. It wont be sent off.
    Then there's the eye test. I wear glasses. I have my full license about 2 years. Do I need another eye test?
    Don't think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Lots of questions I know but had a good look around the forum and couldn't find the answers.

Thanks guys.

I was in the same boat as you when I was getting my provisional and full license for the bike. Just send in your car license with the application. If you are stopped, you explain to the Garda why you have no license on you. They'll understand as this does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Thanks for clearing that up guys, I'll post it off today so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

When did you hold a permit before? Is it withing two years?

Advertisement