Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New moderator

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Top man John. Well done and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Fairplay, johngalway - Congratulations on the promotion!

(Now I better go and check my old posts to make sure I haven't already p***ed off a moderator-in-the-making!:D:rolleyes:)

Have fun!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Congrats John

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Congrats, well done John - hope you will still post your stories ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

How will you find the time :D
    Ridding Conemara of vermin foxes and now keeping the pests out of Cyberspace
    Well done John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Never knew you had applied for the job, But well done.
    I thought the post was on a sound moderator when i looked at it first:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Sure isn't John a sound moderator!:D:D:D

Congrats John!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Never applied for the job, what you reckon I am, mad? :D

Good question on finding the time, we'll see how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Sparks wrote: »
    Of the board.ie kind.
    Would everyone please welcome johngalway to the moderating team, he's going to break the 2% rule for a while.

whats this, someone has turned you into a moderator . which one t4, t8,:D:D

congrats, does this mean we get more of your shooting stories.

Please, none of the T's, I would like to think there's a bit more mileage left in me before I get rusty :D

As for the stories, never know what the future holds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    whats this, someone has turned you into a moderator . which one t4, t8,:D:D

No, neither. Given his background he is not a Delta moderator, he is a Lambda one.
    P.
    (sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Congrats John and best of luck with it!

And sure if you don't have any time left for lamping there will be plenty ppl here happy to shoot in your place! Riddled with foxes by the sounds of your stories!:D

patsat wrote: »
    Congrats John and best of luck with it!

And sure if you don't have any time left for lamping there will be plenty ppl here happy to shoot in your place! Riddled with foxes by the sounds of your stories!:D

Riddled, have you been watching Michael Collins lately :D Always liked that word.

Ah I dunno, there's a few about, no more so than any other place I'd say myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Just looked at this thread as I presumed it was about a sound suppressor, which I can't have so I thought why bother.

Bored and nothing new to look at so I thought I'll have a look.

Sorry for your upcoming troubles JG :p

Don't expect me to treat you as nice as I treat Sparks, who is conspicious by his absence here lately. His promotion is obviously keeping him busy elsewhere.

Well while the cats away ..................................... :)

OK so ........... congrats lad nice to have another "hunter" as a Mod :cool:

Troubles, what troubles, sure life here is a bed of roses :D

Problem with this gig is getting people to see the difference between someone modding, and someone just being themselves.

Spose it's a bit like how cops are seen, ya see one out in civvies and ya kinda wonder, is he reeeeally off work? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Spose it's a bit like how cops are seen, ya see one out in civvies and ya kinda wonder, is he reeeeally off work? :D[/QUOTE]

I'd be sayen, is he reeeeally still a pr*ck??:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

johngalway wrote: »
    Troubles, what troubles, sure life here is a bed of roses :D

Problem with this gig is getting people to see the difference between someone modding, and someone just being themselves.

Spose it's a bit like how cops are seen, ya see one out in civvies and ya kinda wonder, is he reeeeally off work? :D

its simple dont abuse it , if your posting on a thread and its not going your way ,done sent warnings of infractions like other mods .

be the man like we think your are not a spoilt child like others .

respect has to be earned .

may the force be with you .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Congrats Johngalway !!!!! I can feel myself welling up with pride !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Steyr243Hunter

Fair play john well deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Good man John con grats as said already just keep those stories and pics coming and everyone will be happy:D

• Advertisement

jwshooter wrote: »
    its simple dont abuse it , if your posting on a thread and its not going your way ,done sent warnings of infractions like other mods .

be the man like we think your are not a spoilt child like others .

respect has to be earned .

may the force be with you .

I'm going to be me JW, so basically whoever didn't like me as just a member most likely won't like me as a moderator for reason of personal dislike. That's their problem. I won't be interested in earning respect (as a mod) through being friendly, being a bollocks, or any other way as I don't see myself having to put myself up on some high wire balancing act as a mod, that's just setting myself up for a fall by getting backed into all sorts of corners.

There's a charter (hunting, shooting, also target shooting charter and sales charter) for the forums and that's what I'll be following if someone wants to act the amadán. But, if there's a genuine problem, I'll do my best to sort it out. Considering legalities and theories, I'll try to be open as I can taking two sides of an arg.... discussion, but don't pull the piss with it.

If you want the short version if basically goes that I'll treat a person the way I get treated by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

Hi im new to shooting and all but long time reader of boards.ie and johngalway has always got me looking for his stories very entertaining fair play and congrats john

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I too thought this thread was for a new rifle moderator and didn't look at it until tonight when I noticed the new moderator on the block!! Fair play John Congrats and as others have mentioned good to have another hunter modding!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

John,

Congrats on the new post, I just hope it doesn't interfere with your fabulous foxing stories as they are always a little gem worth watching out for.

Fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Oh dear!

Who persuaded you to drink from the poisoned chalice John? :D

I believe it's a bit like having a new baby:

• You don't get any sleep.
    • When you do, you wake up suddenly, absolutely sure you heard someone breaking the charter.
    • You have to bring it everywhere with you because it always needs feeding.
    • Your social life is destroyed.
    • Everything it does is huge news and has to be shared with everyone.
    • And of course you have to have the 'baby on board(s)' sign on your car.

:D:D:D

Well done John, good luck with it :cool:

Cheers guys :D

No foxing stories at the minute, but I do have an account of what I was up to over the weekend over on the Outdoor Pursuits forum :)

RRPC,

All those points are scarily true :D It was the last thing I expected to be quite honest about it! Thanks for the good wishes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Well done boss;)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Congrats JohnGalway on the new job. Hope you will still have the time to write up your shooting adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rrpc wrote: »
    I believe it's a bit like having a new baby:
    • You don't get any sleep.
    • When you do, you wake up suddenly, absolutely sure you heard someone breaking the charter.
    • You have to bring it everywhere with you because it always needs feeding.
    • Your social life is destroyed.
    • Everything it does is huge news and has to be shared with everyone.
    • And of course you have to have the 'baby on board(s)' sign on your car.

Remarkably accurate, but you forgot the obvious nappy-related points! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    Remarkably accurate, but you forgot the obvious nappy-related points! :pac:

But your not here as much as you used to be :p;)

Advertisement