Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extremely Pale Foundation!?

• 29-04-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I've been searching for really pale foundation for ages now and nothing has ever been pale enough! :(

I've so much foundation it's unreal. They all end up being too peachy/pink or orangy!

I've tried Revlon, L'Oreal, Bourjois, Rimmel, Maybelline, etc and they all end up a shade or two too dark for me.

More expensive brands like Bobbi Brown and Mac have had the same results :(
    I have tried MUFE's Mat Velvet in it's lightest shade which I can get away with, it's just the formula which doesn't suit my skin! Bit too matte for me... (I really can't win.)

I have slight yellowish undertones, but I really need something less pigmented, maybe just something neutral. Not white!

I really can't afford to keep wasting money on this.
    If anyone knows of any good pale foundation please could you help.

Thankyou!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pixie8

I'm very pale and spent years looking for a foundation that doesnt make my face darker than my neck!! started using Max Factor Colour Adapt in Creamy Ivory(think its the lightest shade)..I find it great. Been using it since last summer and I use it everyday and it lasts for ages. Its very light and you d hardly know you were wearing it but it still has good coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Pixie8 wrote: »
    I'm very pale and spent years looking for a foundation that doesnt make my face darker than my neck!! started using Max Factor Colour Adapt in Creamy Ivory(think its the lightest shade)..I find it great. Been using it since last summer and I use it everyday and it lasts for ages. Its very light and you d hardly know you were wearing it but it still has good coverage.

Oooh thanks, I'll try anything!! If I get any spare money soon i'll give it a try. Hopefully i'll love it just as much as you do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Laura Mercier do great pale shades.

Shiseido's Dual Balancing Foundation has a light shade called I00 which is great for us super pale ladies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Makeup Forever matt velvet in alabaster - best foundation I've ever used, took me years to find the right colour, and I'm as pale as you get!

There is a Makeup Forever shop in Dublin somewhere on Clarendon Street. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

Saaron wrote: »
    Oooh thanks, I'll try anything!! If I get any spare money soon i'll give it a try. Hopefully i'll love it just as much as you do :)

its on bodyhaven.ie for like 10 euro its about 20 in boots, if ya have any bit of dry skin its not much good.i like the new revlon photo ready foundation its in 001 ivory , but its not great coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You should check out the brand 'Illamasqua', (http://www.illamasqua.com/), they do some really pale foundations. Available in bt2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I'm reaaally pale too,like ghostly pale!:pac:

The best one i've used so far is L'Oreal Perfect match(i think?)in porcelian rose(not too sure,but it has rose in the name)
    and whenever i wear it my friends say it doesn't even look like im wearing foundation(i know thats what it's meant to look like but a lot of people around here are tango'd):pac:

Only 15 euro aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

+1 for the Illamasqua foundation, Have been using it since they opened last year...with concealer to match. Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I have very pale skin too, and I have been using Aldi's foundation in "translucent" for the past year or so. I find it great. Give it a try anyway, it might not suit you but for €3 or so its worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

http://beauty.dior.com/uk/en/base.html#/en/woman/makeup/woman-makeup-face/woman-makeup-face-fluid-foundation/diorskin-forever-extreme-wear-flawless-m-10.html

i got this foundation before in the porcelain shade and its really pale!! i loved it, it was so natural!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Nyc do a really light pressed powder and GOSH do a really good light liquid foundation.
    Also if you're willing to get stuff online Stargazer panstick is amazing and you can get it in really light shades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

try everydayminerals.com in fawn. its practically white!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

hanner wrote: »
    http://beauty.dior.com/uk/en/base.html#/en/woman/makeup/woman-makeup-face/woman-makeup-face-fluid-foundation/diorskin-forever-extreme-wear-flawless-m-10.html

i got this foundation before in the porcelain shade and its really pale!! i loved it, it was so natural!

Really? I got the porcelain shade of that too and I thought it was extremely dark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love Illamasqua. The rich foundation gives great coverage and comes in loads of shades, including white!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

storm2811 wrote: »
    I'm reaaally pale too,like ghostly pale!:pac:

The best one i've used so far is L'Oreal Perfect match(i think?)in porcelian rose(not too sure,but it has rose in the name)
    and whenever i wear it my friends say it doesn't even look like im wearing foundation(i know thats what it's meant to look like but a lot of people around here are tango'd):pac:

Only 15 euro aswell!

I use this too and find it brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I would go back to MAC, I am pretty much blue I am so pale and they have always managed to match my skin for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I am quite pale I usually stick to ivory foundations! Maxfactor pan stick 13 is really pale, I use it as a concealer, I find that No.7 do very light foundations also, I tried it and they ended up being way too pale for my face!! So they might work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

What about prescriptives? They make up foundations and powders to suit your skin colour and type instead of something pre packaged. Ive never had a foundation suit me so well since I went to them last year. Plus the amount you get for your money is marvellous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hunnybee

Clinique do an alabaster shade in their Superbalanced range- use it all the time- v light texture so you would need a consealer aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    I am quite pale I usually stick to ivory foundations! Maxfactor pan stick 13 is really pale, I use it as a concealer, I find that No.7 do very light foundations also, I tried it and they ended up being way too pale for my face!! So they might work for you.

I must be incredibly pale cause some of you guys that mentioned make up such as the pantsick no.13 look incredible dark compared to my skin?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I was just thinking that! That is very dark for me. I'm quite pale, but I wear mac studio fix fluid in NC 15 with a pale powder over it and find that works. I find that putting just a small amount on lets my skin colour through and I don't look too dark.If I wear it as a full coverage look it's too dark for me.

Advertisement