Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs Hamburg

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Wow, that is just amazing!! Especially after going a goal down.

Delighted for Fulham.

And Roy Hodgson is a certainty to get manager of the year and rightly so!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Congrats Fulham. Fair play Roy Hodgson. Great manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Chuffed for them. There's something so likeable about Fulham. Hodgson is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ah, absolutely delighted, especially for the Duffer.

Written off by many this eyar, he's had quite the renaissance at Fulham under Roy's expert eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great achievment, Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fair play to Roy Hodgson and Fulham. Smashing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

just amazing.delighted for fulham and for roy,its a great jobs he's been doing the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ah, absolutely delighted, especially for the Duffer.

Written off by many this eyar, he's had quite the renaissance at Fulham under Roy's expert eye.

Not by me! I wanted to sign the fecker from Newcastle.

Seriously though, after the Paris nightmare I am chuffed to see him get another final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Just read this on Eurosport:
    Long by Guerrero but Schwarzer punches AND FULHAM ARE IN THE FINAL! CRIKEY! Incredible! One goal from relegation two years ago and now they are in a European final. What an achievement

Roy Hodgson is the real special one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Feel sorry for HSV. Should have been their final in their own stadium.
    Having said that, nice fight, great spirit, well deserved. Fair play Fulham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Osu wrote: »
    LOL

I saw that. ;)

Thought this was great:
    BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Craven Cottage: "Fantastic scenes as Fulham's players take a deserved lap of honour. But what about the architect of this wonderful achievement Roy Hodgson? He strolls off with his hand in his pocket, stopping only to offer consoling words to the beaten Hamburg players. This most experienced manager is cool and calm. History has been made on the banks of the Thames tonight - and Hodgson has enhanced his glowing reputation again. A wonderful occasion."

The man deserves a knighthood or some sort of honour. What a class act.

I saw that. ;)

Ha. That's why I wrote lol, in case anyone saw it. Ninja edit. Got a bit too excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Osu wrote: »
    Ha. That's why I wrote lol, in case anyone saw it. Ninja edit. Got a bit too excited.

What did you write? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Woy MOTY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gillington wrote: »
    Unlucky Oatsey

Cheers Gillington. We would have got hammered if Labbadia was still in charge imo.

Moniz's inexperience showed in the 2nd half.

When our day comes it will taste that much sweeter after this.

Well done Fulham, deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, Wolfsburg and now HSV. All I can say is, I fcuking wish I was a Fulham supporter right about now. You really can't speak highly enough of Roy Hodgson here, he's got a team full of ordinary players like Etuhu, Hughes and Pantsil playing quality football like seasoned European veterans. Delighted for Duffer too, hope he nabs the winner in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Fingers crossed for the Duffer that he doesn't manage to injure himself before the final. Would love to see Fulham win it.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What did you write? :P

I posted Diego Ooooh oooohhhhh etc. in this thread instead of the Liverpool match tread. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Delighted for the Cottagers and Roy Hodgson. They deserve to win it now. Especially against Atlético who have won a minimal amount of games to get this far (not to take anything away from their achievement).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

cograts to fulham hope they win it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

usermedia.php?uo=JDduC2mKjdvdWBzGNBWMsYh4l5k2TGxc

Karma!!! The german rangers are out. And the final in their own stdium. GIRUY. Delighted for Fulham. Deserved for the Duffer and Hodgson.

otmelw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

You really just run out of superlatives to describe Roy Hodgson. Well played Fulham, I dont think I've ever cheered on another Premiership team so loudly before!!:D

Delighted for Duff, to get to play in a final after his tears in Paris. Chuffed for him. And a special mention too for John Pantsils lap of honour at the end. I think it was 2 laps actually :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, Wolfsburg and now HSV. All I can say is, I fcuking wish I was a Fulham supporter right about now. You really can't speak highly enough of Roy Hodgson here, he's got a team full of ordinary players like Etuhu, Hughes and Pantsil playing quality football like seasoned European veterans. Delighted for Duffer too, hope he nabs the winner in the final.
    Panstil is actually a real class player I really like him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Delighted for Fulham though I do think Liverpool would be easier to play than Athletico in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Delighted for Fulham though I do think Liverpool would be easier to play than Athletico in the final.

Yerra if you are going to do this try and be a bit more subtle FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

g'wan fulham.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Well done Fulham!!! Great result!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Great result for a small club.
    Hope Duffer stays fit for the final.
    RH will be manager of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

flahavaj wrote: »
    Yerra if you are going to do this try and be a bit more subtle FFS.
    WhY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

As a Liverpool fan i agree with this as well.

I cant see past Atleti now (though i did say that aboutShaktar, Juve.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What a story. Fulham - destined for Relegation with 3 games to go. Injury time winners & they stayed up. Now there in a European Final which I hope to hell they win. It's a funny old game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

The german rangers are out.

Care to explain? I don't get it. And I'm following the Bundesliga since I was 6 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Boskowski wrote: »
    Care to explain? I don't get it. And I'm following the Bundesliga since I was 6 years old.

HSV have links with Glasgow Rangers. And I belive St Pauli, HSV's rivals(?), have links with Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

amazing achievement - for a small club not spending multi millions - restores my faith in English Premireship football - shows all that is good in the English game and the kind of thing that made English Premiership football so popular in the first place

HSV have links with Glasgow Rangers. And I belive St Pauli, HSV's rivals(?), have links with Celtic.

Fan links, nothing official from what I know.

There's Rangers fans over in Germany all the time to watch HSV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Everyone on board the Fulham bandwagon! This final will be fantastic, I can't wait!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Fan links, nothing official from what I know.

There's Rangers fans over in Germany all the time to watch HSV.

No nothing official afaik. Celtic fan groups have links with St Pasuli fans. Celtic are going over there t play an end of season friendly.

• Advertisement

Valmont wrote: »
    Everyone on board the Fulham bandwagon! This final will be fantastic, I can't wait!

Well this is the forum to come to if looking for banwagoners....;) But seriously ya 'd love to see them do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It is a bandwagon I am proud to be a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Bandwagon +1

Well done Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I saw Fulham play Gold Coast whoever in a pre-season friendly last July. My God they were awful. Know it was only a friendly, but they were hideous. How things have changed! Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Make some room there :D

emot-bandwagon.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bah Humbug...they weren't there when they were 2-0 down to Citeh and relegated a few seasons ago..they weren't there with 15 minutes to go at Fratton Park, they weren't there when Pat Dolan ridiculed Hodgson at half time against Liverpool...or when Saha nearly toppled United in their first game in the Premier League..or the dark days of Loftus Rd...

Grrr...

*steps back on board bandwagon* :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

dfx- wrote: »
    Bah Humbug...they weren't there when they were 2-0 down to Citeh and relegated a few seasons ago
    Why would anyone jump on a relegation bandwagon? That's no fun at all. Whereas an underdog in the Europa league final is a fantastic wagon to jump on!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

bandwagon.jpg

still some standing room on the ladders lads, gwan the Fulham

Thought of this game after seeing Fulham go down today. Some fall in 4 seasons for both. HSV will be lucky to stay up as well.

Advertisement