Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player of The Year 09/10

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dawson for sheer consistency. I don't see how there would be any question about him being picked for the England squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Gomes for me by a short head over Dawson. Lennon and Modric have also been spectacularly good, but missed long spells through injury. Bale, Pav, and Bentley deserve massive praise for the way they have put their heads down, worked hard, and then grabbed their chance when called on.
    Defoe was my choice until his injury, hasn't looked as sharp or strong since. Also a black mark for his ridiculous sending off at Pompey, causing him to miss three games when he was the hottest player in the premiership. He may alos have missed Lennon. Lennon still has most assists in theleague, despite missing all of 2010.
    Other notables- nearly everyone really. BAE and Thudd have worked hard, and are improved. Charlie is being missed, maybe a more important presence than we realise. Ledley is ledley nuff said. Bassong has had a decent first season- although had a form wobble after the Anfield game, but has worked through it.
    That leaves Gomes, my player of the season. We started the season with no fit centre backs, bought bassong, had Charlie, Thudd, Chimbonda, and Dervitte in front of him- then Woodgate for three games, then Dawson came fit to partner ledley/Bassong. Through all that, our goalie ensured a continuity and our defensive record, especially at home, is excellent. Still makes the odd blunder, but that's part of coming for everything, which gives his defence a great lift.
    Played through pain earlier, as with Cudicini crashed out, was needed for every gasme. He's our keeper for the next decade, and will be a fopundation stone of a hoped for assault on the big prizes over that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Dawson just ahead of Gomes ( hope he's fit for Wed !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

daws for me too, deserves to make england squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TobesYid

I've given it to Gomes, some of his saves in key games this season have been nothing short of breathtakingly world class.

Treated as a joke and declared not good enough for the PL by some, he's had the last laugh with some truly memorable displays, a firm fans favourite.

Mick Dawson a very, very close second, continuity very important at the back this year with little or no King/Woodgate, he's been a rock. If he doesn't go to South Africa, I'll be very surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

And this years Boards.ie Spurs Supporters Club Player of the Year Award goes to Michael Dawson.

Well Done Michael, well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Will we send him something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

Well done George!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Nickthebubble

Bale recently, though i guess Daws for season overall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

ziedth wrote: »
    Will we send him something :)

Dont think he'd be the scratchcard type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

great season by him to add to his coveted boards.ie player of the year he got a call up to the world cup squad i believe

Advertisement