Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asking Angels for Help

• 29-04-2010 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

A couple of my friends have asked Angels for help through difficult times of their lives through the years even for every day things like protection etc; I just reading a book on them and find it very interesting and it seems to make a lot of sense too!what do you guys think of asking Angels for help?I'd be interested to know your views.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I have asked them for protection over the past few years, and do firmly believe that they have protected me from sticky situations. Personally, I have found it is important to be willing to learn to recognise the signs they send too - not always the same, but sending feathers my way is one they seem to send me most often.

What book are you reading, if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

I have asked them for protection over the past few years, and do firmly believe that they have protected me from sticky situations. Personally, I have found it is important to be willing to learn to recognise the signs they send too - not always the same, but sending feathers my way is one they seem to send me most often.

What book are you reading, if you don't mind me asking?
    How to hear your Angels it's very good got it on amazon.I believe in the power of prayer I always pray to St Jude,who has helped me a lot through my life.I have started to pray to the angels now too!

Personally, I don't pray to the angels. From my understanding the angels don't ask us to pray to them, but more to the Source, as the angels are the Source's messengers. All they ask is that you call them in and thank them.

I can ask them for help no? then thank them they pass the favour on to God yeah?I'm new at this.

You can ask them to help no worries, but the only one to pray to is really God/Source/Divine (or whatever your preferred reference is).

I was reading a book last year by Doreen Virtue who is a fab author on angel's, where she covered this, and said that angels do not want us to pray to them, but to pray to God. However they do appreciate just a simple thank you, for me that is just simply saying mentally, thank you angels for helping me with this situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Hi there,

Agreed that Doreen´s book are (very) good however, in contrast to other posters her, I have very little results with the techniques she offers. The only thing that work for me are her oracle cards whom I ´ve used with great succes for myself and others.

I´ve called numerous times on angels in the past but never really noticed any results and getting the exact opposite of what Doreen outlines. E.G. she says that when you call upon angels you´ll feel the air around you getting warm but when I do so, the air becomes stone cold. She also says that when you ask the angels for help, you´ll see signs such as numbers that keep appearing to you, feathers or other things but I´d never had that happen to me ever.

I suggest delving in the world of angel communication yourself and see what works best for you.

Jenneke87 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Agreed that Doreen´s book are (very) good however, in contrast to other posters her, I have very little results with the techniques she offers. The only thing that work for me are her oracle cards whom I ´ve used with great succes for myself and others.

I´ve called numerous times on angels in the past but never really noticed any results and getting the exact opposite of what Doreen outlines. E.G. she says that when you call upon angels you´ll feel the air around you getting warm but when I do so, the air becomes stone cold. She also says that when you ask the angels for help, you´ll see signs such as numbers that keep appearing to you, feathers or other things but I´d never had that happen to me ever.

I suggest delving in the world of angel communication yourself and see what works best for you.
    you know that has happened to me a few times also (air getting stone cold)what does that mean?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Denimgirl wrote: »
    you know that has happened to me a few times also (air getting stone cold)what does that mean?
    Dont know about angels, but in trance meditation or trance mediumship, the air gets cold around you, beginning at your feet.

Don't try to analyse the difference around you, just notice any change whatever it is - everyone feels the energy differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 NKOTB

I always ask angels for help in whatever situation Im in. They never let me down. I only recently became aware of their presence,I picked up a book by Doreen Virtue in Easons(it just seemed to jump out at me)and while I was reading stories about angel healing my body seemed to vibrate gently. I took no notice of it at the time but it would happen in the middle of the night sometimes aswell.Its like goosepimples all over or an internal massage.I used to find it hard to relax so I think this is their way of letting me know just to let things run their course and everything will turn out ok. I call them in by thinking of them with love from my heart and they always answer,thank God!! Im recently new on this road of spritual discovery and Id love to know more and meet more like minded people as my circle of friends arent really into this but I guess all will be revealed when Im ready!

• Advertisement

Hi NKOTB,

There are a few spiritual groups in Dublin (not sure where you are based). There is the Buddha Bag, and conscious living. www.buddhabag.org, and conscious living I found via meetup.com. I love the Buddha Bag in particular - they have different spiritual speakers in every week, to talk on different aspects of spirituality, and is a great place to meet with like-minded people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 NKOTB

Hi NKOTB,

There are a few spiritual groups in Dublin (not sure where you are based). There is the Buddha Bag, and conscious living. www.buddhabag.org, and conscious living I found via meetup.com. I love the Buddha Bag in particular - they have different spiritual speakers in every week, to talk on different aspects of spirituality, and is a great place to meet with like-minded people.

Thanks for the advice MysticalSoul. I knew I'd be guided! I'll check that out next week,just a bit busy in work at the moment. My contact with the more spiritually minded among us has been minimal up to now so I'm excited and intrigued!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

There is always the idea of asking fairies for help. I guess it depends on how comfortable you feel with either fairies or angels but the ideas are the same. Tuning into something and listening and watching for signs. The problem with angels is that it is often associated with the Christian God. I read some of Doreen Virtue's books and nothing made me want to contact angels. The idea with fairies is that you don't have to think of them as fairies but more as nature spirits.

I have often as a means of relaxation gone out to the garden to look for fairies. Not in actual sense but to look for dragonflies, bees, butterflies and other forms you can imagine as fairies.

I recently got a book called 'The Fairy Bible' written by Teresa Moorey. I got it for the pictures of fairies and found the book very interesting as an introduction on how to communicate with fairies.

Advertisement