Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Cork City Personal Trainer

Options
  • 29-04-2010 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a problem with a certain personal trainer in Cork City . I signed up with him for a 8 weeks program and I was supposed to pay one session ahead. So that means 60 Euro per week and he said the last week would be free (so I had to pay 120 Euro). I stayed on longer then 8 weeks.

During my time with him we had some problems.

And I decided to look elsewhere for personal training. When I told him that I can't afford him anymore he said no problem Sunday will be your last session then. I said sure no problem until I got a text back from him saying

:"Can you let me know your address and I get the money for Sunday's session sent to you . It's kinda pointless doing one session.Thanks.

I wanted to text my address back , by then he called and said it's faster when give me the address over the phone .
    WE agreed that he will post me the money .

On Wednesday I still had no mail from him with the 60 Euro . So I texted him and asked him if posted the money and then I got the following email:

Hi ,

Hope i find you in good health and all is well.

In reply to your texts and calls about the 60euro (last session), i wont be in a position to give a cash refund on this and i wash hoping. This is because it was apart of the 8 week programme and when someone joined a programme i must paid to have them use the gym and be covered on my insurance for an 8 week period and in alot of cases like yours many go on for more then 8 weeks. I have some clients for over 12 months.

Your options for this last session is to sell it to someone and they can use it or you would have to complete the remaining session this is up to you. Let me know what you wish to do?

Have a great day,

What's wrong with him, I honestly think he has Bi polar .:confused:
    :confused:
    I wrote him back that he was the one who didn't wanted do to the last session. I attached the text that he send me and asked him if Sunday would suit him to do the last session.

Of course he hasn't replied yet .

What should I do ? Will I give up getting my money back?

Thanks for your help.
    Ps: Sorry for my bad English.
    Ps2: I copied the email and didn't change anything all the spelling mistakes are his ( yes the personal trainer is Irish:D ).

Is 60 Euro too much for a personal training session in Cork ? 3 votes

How you be so stupid and pay so much.
    0%
    Why to much.
    100%
    jaggiebunnet54kroctwedledee 3 votes
    If the personal trainer is very hot.
    0%
    If you wanna reach your goals you have to pay the price.
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Consumer issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Kara
    Go in and talk to him in person,you wont get it sorted via emails/texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kara81

Hammar wrote: »
    Kara
    Go in and talk to him in person,you wont get it sorted via emails/texts.

The problem is that he is not everyday in the gym.
    I guess I lost 60 Euro. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

60 is not really a huge amount if he was paying the gym fees (as for the insurence i have 4 millions worth for under 200 a year) when you ran over the first 8 weeks he more than likly restarted the 8 weeks as i see it he made you pay in advance to avoid you taking up a slot and not turning up but he cnaceled so you should be entitled to a full refund, it seems like he was going give it to you and then found out he had a bill to pay , if i was him i would of made sure to do the last session and leave you happy , fitness is sold alot of the time on word of mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

60 is not really a huge amount if he was paying the gym fees (as for the insurence i have 4 millions worth for under 200 a year) when you ran over the first 8 weeks he more than likly restarted the 8 weeks as i see it he made you pay in advance to avoid you taking up a slot and not turning up but he cnaceled so you should be entitled to a full refund, it seems like he was going give it to you and then found out he had a bill to pay , if i was him i would of made sure to do the last session and leave you happy , fitness is sold alot of the time on word of mouth
    wow hate to be that trainer if a client mailed that up on a public forum!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement