Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning mower on its side

Options
  • 29-04-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

I have heard conflicting opinions on if you have to do some work under the deck of a rotary push/self drive lawnmower, oil drain, blade removal etc that you have to turn it with the tank/carb facing up to stop fuel and oil from going into the carb or do it with the exhaust facing up or also to tilt it front to back so that the front is pointing up towards the sky.:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Coming from someone that found out the hard way many years ago. You always turn the mower on its side with the carb facing up and exhaust facing down. If you do it the opposite way round you won't be starting the mower again in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Coming from someone that found out the hard way many years ago. You always turn the mower on its side with the carb facing up and exhaust facing down. If you do it the opposite way round you won't be starting the mower again in a hurry.

Thanks, I have seen a person on vids saying that to have the exhaust facing down, the oil can collect in the valve chest and lock-up the engine:confused:. I had my doubts about that advice though, cause if the exhaust is up the carb is down and hence oil can flow in to carb I thought. I like to hear those words, "personal experience", holds some weight, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABnmrL0hzg

Look at around 1:00

Advertisement