Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysian airlines?? Good/Bad??

Options
  • 29-04-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I am looking for reviews on Malaysian Airlines? Anyone recommend them or advise me to steer clear of them. I am looking to book flights to Oz at the weekend and this is the airline I've being quoted for.

And on that note, any suggestions on good travel agents to book with?!!!

I've looked into Trailfinders and australianholidays.com so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

To be honest, I've stopped caring about what airline I fly with and worry more about the price, the stop-over destinations, amount of time on stop-over, etc. My reasoning is:
    Safety shouldn't be an issue, if any airline was not considered safe, it wouldn't be an airline for very long.
    On longhaul flights I want to spend 3 or 4 nights in some cool city on the way, and as little time as possible in airports.
    Planes are by-and-large laid out the same with similar meals, etc. There would be slight difference in legroom and food quality, but none are going to have business class level in economy, so who cares?

I went with Usit twice but I hear Expedia and some other one that searches Expedia and other sites are great. Yeah, Kayak, that was it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I wasn't happy with the food or IFE selection. Etihad is much better but more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

I have used Singapore a few times and in 2008 used Malaysian. At the time I kept comparing everything to Sing as they are very good, good service, food and comfort so on. But looking back there was nothing wrong with Malaysian the plane was clean movies were good and food was pretty good. So if it was price you are concerned about dont worry Malaysian will be fine.Just to note, in Kuala Lumpar they airport is a bit disjointed and can be hard to get anyone with english but as I say it is good. What about the route via Abuda Dhabi with Emirates, think it is quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Just to note, in Kuala Lumpar they airport is a bit disjointed and can be hard to get anyone with english but as I say it is good.

This is no longer true, they have a new terminal that's very efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 LisaMe

I used Malaysian airlines last year with a stop over in Kuala Lumpur. I´ve no complaints, except for the flight being lonnnnngg haha. The air hostesses were very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

in terms of rank , it goes something like this

singapore
    cathay pacific
    thai
    malaysian
    korean

everyone knows that singapore set the standard but you pay extra , thai ive always found are very good considering thier a good bit cheaper than singapore , malaysian and korean are not just as good as thai but thier more than adequete , if it was me id go with thai as i think thier the best value for money but any of the others are fine too

ps , i realise the likes of emirates are at the upper end of the market aswell but im talking in terms of the traditional and mainly used airlines when travelling to australia

Advertisement