Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IDF FN-FALs, what happened to them

• 29-04-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I live in the states and like to collect Irish related firearms.
    I've got a bunch of no1mk3s and no4mk2s from the IDF arsenal.
    What I'd really like is IDF marked FAL parts to piece together a rifle for myself.
    I built quite a few over the years.
    Does anyone know what the armorers did with the surplus FAL parts when they were retired?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

IDF = Israeli Defence Forces by the way... (although i know what you mean!)

majority of FN's were sold on,

ICUN over on *cough* theotherforum *cough* knows to whom.

A large number were stored long term (so ive been told... gotta love army rumours) for future security needs, so if russia invades and we run out of steyrs, expect to recieve 1 hours familiarity training, an FN and 4 rounds of 7.62mm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Morphéus wrote: »
    russia invades and we run out of steyrs, expect to recieve 1 hours familiarity training, an FN and 4 rounds of 7.62mm :D

I would pay to see this movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭airvan

IDF, hmm. I think we should take the title. After all the Israelis are Johnny come latelies. We were here first.

As for the FNs well. I wouldn't hold out much hope. They were selective fire after all and unlikely to be sold on the civil market. There was even a fuss made when they released 6000 of the No4s. The usual idiots said they could fall into the hands of terrorists. When no self respecting terrorist uses anything other than an AK.:rolleyes:

I fear they'll suffer the same fate as the other Lee Enfield. A one way trip to the bottom of the Irish sea or be cut up and melted down.:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

what are the No4's???

hmmm, you dont happen to know the coordinates of this dumping?

I do believe 1 steyr suffered the same fate, albeit unintentionally :D

P.S. working on the movie script now!!!

Cutting edge technology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

P.S. working on the movie script now!!!

Originally Posted by Morphéus
    [/QUOTE]russia invades and we run out of steyrs, expect to recieve 1 hours familiarity training, an FN and 4 rounds of 7.62mm

I would pay to see this movie. [/QUOTE]

I heard there was a remake of Red Dawn alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Donny5 wrote: »
    Cutting edge technology.

Don't knock em, Oh so accurate in the right hands.

iceage wrote: »
    Don't knock em, Oh so accurate in the right hands.

So are cut-throat razors, but I use a Mach3 with a tactical flashlight attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

96054621_7886f47a17_m.jpg

I use this, with a laser sight:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

harmoniums wrote: »
    I live in the states and like to collect Irish related firearms.
    I've got a bunch of no1mk3s and no4mk2s from the IDF arsenal.
    What I'd really like is IDF marked FAL parts to piece together a rifle for myself.
    I built quite a few over the years.
    Does anyone know what the armorers did with the surplus FAL parts when they were retired?

Sorry OP, but sometimes I'm embaressed by what the arm chair warlords and red arse's post here in response to a reasonable question.

If you'd like a serious answer PM me please and I'll do some research for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

the naval service still use em to shoot a "DILDO" to another vessel with a tow rope attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Sorry OP, but sometimes I'm embaressed by what the arm chair warlords and red arse's post here in response to a reasonable question.

If you'd like a serious answer PM me please and I'll do some research for you.

In all seriousness, what does someone's length of service have to do with their posts on an Internet forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Poccington wrote: »
    In all seriousness, what does someone's length of service have to do with their posts on an Internet forum?

Sorry forum, tbh I was hammered posting that - can't even remember posting it until I seen this!..

I'll be qualifying for my bar on my service medal at the bar this weekend :o

Sry again and I withdrew the remark of course.

/legs it with tail between legs!.

Advertisement