Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure of how to deal with rogue manager!

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, I've been a full time student for the past 3 years. During that time and for more than a year while I was still at school, I 've been on the books at a hotel at home. I've worked for bits of the summer and holidays and the odd weekend when I've been at home.

The problem is my employer has been pretending to the tax office that I've been working crazy impossible hours (for someone who lives in a completely different part of the country) so that he can put the hours of workers that get the dole as well through as mine.

I've been down as earning thousands more than I have, I've asked him to stop a couple of times and I've been trying to get my p45 off him since Christmas but he just won't give it to me!

I don't know what to do, I don't know whether all these extra hours are good for me or bad?
    I'm going to be finishing college soon and signing on while i look for a job and I don't know how that will be effected either?

I don't know if I have a leg to stand on because I've always been paid in cash with no payslip (everyone who works there is the same).

Basically I'm VERY confused! Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get in touch with Revenue straight away - you are entitled to a P45 and Revenue take a very dim view of employers who withhold P45s

Not providing a payslip is illegal - Contact the National Employment Rights Agency for guidance on this.

Additionally, inform Revenue that your earnings figure has been inflated. Do you have any record of hours worked?

Advertisement