Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jajah instead of skype

Options
  • 30-04-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hey folks,

not sure this fits here but while looking through paysafecards page I found a skype alternative named jajah.com that advertises "free or very low rated" calls worldwide - landlines, too, as it seems.
    Anyone ever tried that?
    Since I call abroad a lot it would be cool if I could save some money with that but since I've never even heard the name and there isn't much to be found about it on google, either ... :)
    They take psc for topping up which is important to me, so if anyone of you can tell me it works fine I'll try it ;)

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I use JustVoip and quite happy with it. You can configure it in Fring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 coraline

Never have heard about it! But if paysafe card offers it, why dont you just try? If tt´s not what you expect you won´t loose much!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Thx, folks ...

yeah... "not much" is too much at the moment.
    it's not that I don't trust it, it's just "reliability" and "quality" aren't quite the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sheeplover

I don't use Jajah, I only that there's that game, too, because I've seen the logo of it on the website of the prepaid card you've told, kickarykee.
    I use the Paysafecard for playing in Farmville and I use this topic to ask something something about Skype. I've naturally read on the website that I also can use it for this software, but when I want to pay I can find it. Can somebody perhaps help me? :confused:
    Thanks in forward for your answers!

Hi sheeplover!

If I get you right you are searching for the button to pay your Skype account with paysafecard? It´s under "payment options" and than go to "other payment options"!

• Advertisement

Oh, thanks for your answer! I'll try it now!
    How much money would you put on the account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Just as an FYI O2 (telefonica) acquired Jajah recently.

Ah, alright, thx ...

I gave it a try by now and it works fine but I decided to stay with Skype after all :)

I think that one of the advantages of Skype is that you can use it while working with your PC. You only need your headset and you can use it while working and for working, too. And you also don't have to give your phone number to somebody if you don't want, too. :)
    Ah, and you always can use it to chat like messenger, but it's easier to use it if you don't have experience with messenger programs. :D

Telefonica sounds familiar to me! So Jajah is part of Telefonica now?
    Somehow all the telecommunication companies seem to belong together! :)

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, I don't know if Jajah is part of Telefonica. I've take a look at the website of the PSC and there's a logo of Jajah. :confused:

yes, I saw it too today! There are a lot of new companies you can use psc to pay! But most of my friends use skype and for me thats the easiest way to keep in touch!

Yes, that's true, especially if you use often the PC.
    My mother and my sister also use it to chat when my sister is in the office. That isn't a problem because she also use Skype for working as her company has supplier and customers also in other continents. :)

Telefonica is Italian, if I'm not wrong ...
    Anyways, Skype's still my favourite after all :)

No, if we're talking about the same Telefonica, it's Spanish!
    But it's also known in Italy. :D

Advertisement