Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bull for Sale

• 30-04-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭

I have a six year old PBR Lim Bull for sale. Where would be the best place to sell him, factory or mart. Good Bull but I am using more AI and have cows in the herd from this Bull, so need to move him on.
    Any thoughts???
    What price could I expect to get for this Bull?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Do you have a photo? what is his condition like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

you will probably only get 60p/lb in factory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Read in the Farmers Journal, where the vet there was making the point that perfectly good bulls were ending up in the factory yet smaller farmers were still running poor quality scrub bulls with their cows.
    Maybe it's time someone started a sheme for these.

If itwas me, I'd try and sell him on Donedeal.ie and Farmers Journal and give the reasons for sale like you said above.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭LivInt20

Do you have a photo? what is his condition like?

He's in good shape and good working order.

See the link on Pedigree Cattle.ie

http://www.pedigreecattle.ie/ad_details_search.php?ads_id=669&member_id=388

I would sell him too. He looks like a very good bull with good length and a nice "square" shape. Just out of curiosity, who is the sire?

• Advertisement

I would sell him too. He looks like a very good bull with good length and a nice "square" shape. Just out of curiosity, who is the sire?

The Bull is TULLYCREEVY UDO
    CREENAGH PEDRO is the Sire

LivInt20 wrote: »
    The Bull is TULLYCREEVY UDO
    CREENAGH PEDRO is the Sire

Thanks, I am just interested in breeding cattle etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

did u use him for pedigree use...
    i do find its hard to sell older bulls--maybe i'm wrong!
    best of luck with him anyway!

Not use for Pedigree. Running with a suckler herd.

Not use for Pedigree. Running with a suckler herd.

A bull like him would be perfect for some bb/lim crosses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

He's in good shape and good working order.

See the link on Pedigree Cattle.ie

http://www.pedigreecattle.ie/ad_details_search.php?ads_id=669&member_id=388
    I'm not a farmer, but the two bits bolded below seem to contradict each other.
    PB Limousin Bull for sale. Tullycreevy UDO. Very Easy calving & very quiet. Excellent quality, fruitful. ***** Calving Traits ***** Milk & Fertility ***** Difficulty Calving ***** Milk

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm not a farmer, but the two bits bolded below seem to contradict each other.

As you are not a farmer you will not appreciate the €urostar values.
    ***** five stars for difficulty calving means that the bull is an easy calver.
    * one star is a difficult calver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As you are not a farmer you will not appreciate the €urostar values.
    ***** five stars for difficulty calving means that the bull is an easy calver.
    * one star is a difficult calver.
    Ah, okay. That makes sense. Cheers for letting me know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

sell him to the factory , at that age he should be a huge weight and come into pretty good money , i wouldnt pay more than a grand for a 6 year old bull and im sure hed make more than that as burgers , 6 year old is too old for a bull to be running with cows , lameness would be a huge risk , so too the chance of him hurting cows , old bulls take all day to get down off a cow , add to that the fact that breeding bull prices have come down considerabley this past few years and the choice is quite clear

Advertisement