Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stations of the cross pub crawl - Westport

Options
  • 30-04-2010 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm organising a stag weekend in Westport and planning on doing the stations of the cross as a pub crawl. 14 pubs with an optional 15th for the resurrection, probably a night club for anyone who is still standing.

Can anyone provide a suggested route and pubs to go to. I'll be dressing the stag in a Bishop's costume and the rest of the lads will be priests so looking for places where we won't get hassle on the door as it's going to be very obviously a stag do.

Thanks in advance.
    Aido.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Start at Castlecourt which is on Castlebar Street. After visitng other premises on that street, go over the bridge, visit the premises on Bridge St, go left to visit some on Mill Street, or then go up past the clock to some premise on RH side of Hgh Street.

Can then go across Shop Street to visit premises at Octagon, then down James Street. That would give you more than 14 premises.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lynchaido

Hi nuac
    That's great, thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Well, the Castle only really packs out on some of the really busy bank holidays, and even then there's no room to breathe in there when it does pack out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jotoole

I would recommend you definitely include matmulloys -> http://www.matmulloys.com and JohnsBar -> http://www.johnsbar.ie. These 2 are the best pubs in westport for live music/entertainment and great craic!
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Text speak posts removed. Please use the full keyboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement