Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I've been offered a job in Cork

Options
  • 30-04-2010 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

And I need to find a place to live. I'll be working in Riverview business pk. Near Bessboro Road /Skehard Road.

Is there a bus I could get to there from the City Centre? Or would it be advisable to live somewhere in Blackrock?

Anyone need a flatmate? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Congrats on the job! :)

Blackrock is one of the most expensive parts of Cork - you can get the number 10 to Skehard Road from the centre of town, the number 2 also goes to Blackrock, and there are probably others (the 19 possibly?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

It can be expensive, but sometimes you can find a bargin ;)

As the Dudess says, numbers 10 and 2 are good both come from the city centre, there are far more No.2's, both go onto Skehard Rd.
    The Number 19 also, thats the Southern Orbital, doesnt

Check my fancy pants facebook page which connects to google maps where I've mapped out the routes:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cork-City-Bus-Routes/251971624011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Dudess wrote: »
    Congrats on the job! :)

Blackrock is one of the most expensive parts of Cork - you can get the number 10 to Skehard Road from the centre of town, the number 2 also goes to Blackrock, and there are probably others (the 19 possibly?)

+1 to Dudess' comment! She is totally on the ball with the bus idea. I live in the city centre and work close to Skehard Road. I get the bus in and out every day and it only takes about 20 minutes and is pretty regular. Blackrock can be expensive (know from exp) but as Funsterdelux stated you can find a bargain if you're looking at the right time. City centre can be very cheap considering how central it is and you've the added benefits of not having to pay extortionate costs for taxis should you wish to go out or do a bit of shopping.

Congratulations also and an advance welcome to Cork! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Thanks for all the advice

Advertisement