Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which model PSP?

Options
  • 30-04-2010 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking was thinking of picking up a PSP (possibly second hand) and was wondering which is the best model.

The original, the 2000 model, 3000 model or the PSP Go? Anyone have any preferences?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'd go with the 3000. You'd most likely get the best battery life out of the rechargable battery compaired with the older 2000.

If I was you I'd avoid the PSP Go. While they look great, the not being able to read UMDs seems like a big drawback for a lot of people. I've also heard of a few problems with the hinge mechanism breaking - granted this shouldn't be a problem if you look after your console. With the older PSPs you can still download from the online shop just like with the Go and you can use UMDs. Seems like the better option to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Unless you plan on a lot of gaming i couldnt justify spending 250 on a PSP GO. When you can pick up the original ones for about 70 or 80 euro. Check adverts.ie. All models pretty much do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

I've owned the original, 2000 and now the Go! and I would say that if you want to play it on the move, bus or car etc., and you want to have the option of changing games super easily then the Go! is the best but if you'll only be using it when your going to bed or around the house then I'd say any of the regular ones will do you.

Advertisement