Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can't use Plasmids ? Bio Shock 2

• 30-04-2010 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Ever Now and again in the game I cant use Plasmids ?

Is this happening too anyone else ?

Got into a fight with a brute splicer and a big daddy without them awwww....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Do you have Eve? (the blue bar next to your health bar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

Ha ha come on now Im not that bad.,

yeah I have eve. It's happened a few time during the game.

no plasmids noting and then a min later its working.

its mad a few time I was faces big enemys and it wouldnt work I was panicing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Finished Bioshock 2 the other week, great game but I prefer the storyline from the original. I googled your plasmid problem, seems there might be a glitch or something that could kick in if you zoom in with your weapon and then try to use a plamid. Maybe that's causing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i still insist it was 'magic' instead of 'plasmid'.

and yes,i do science :D

I'll def try thats some major glitch for a game.

I Love the first game love I mean adore it love the music and the feel.

The Sequel better graphics feels better plays better but the story.

I don't know Its not great but the gameplay is good I find it easy but well easyier then the first game.

In the First game
    I really and this is strange saying this I was sad when Ryan died I really was what I cool voice and great Villain its hard too believe that bloody Annoying quark does the voice of ryan but he was great when he was in Buffy.

Please after you do read this comment I left don't tell me or leave me spoilers about the rest of the story of second game.

Im near the end and gettin there.....
    Finished Bioshock 2 the other week, great game but I prefer the storyline from the original. I googled your plasmid problem, seems there might be a glitch or something that could kick in if you zoom in with your weapon and then try to use a plamid. Maybe that's causing it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

I never had any glitches, in the heat of battle its easy 2 use up all your eve.
    i think the combat is better in bioshock2 ,and theres more strategy .
    what weapons do i upgrade, what plasmids do i use.Theres all sorts of traps you can set,mines,fire, turrets so combat is more varied.
    I thought the story was better ,it was more emotional, it was,nt just about
    destroying the enemy.And the big sister is a formidable enemy.
    I,D attack a certain enemy and sometimes let myself get killed , so when i,m revived id still have lots of eve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

cable842 wrote: »

Please after you do read this comment I left don't tell me or leave me spoilers about the rest of the story of second game.

Im near the end and gettin there.....

I won't spoil the sequel if you spoiler tag your post, there may be some here who haven't yet played the first game and you've just given away a major plot point!

How Have I Given away the Plot Point of the Second Game ?:confused:
    niallon wrote: »
    I won't spoil the sequel if you spoiler tag your post, there may be some here who haven't yet played the first game and you've just given away a major plot point!

How Have I Given away the Plot Point of the Second Game ?:confused:
    there may be some here who haven't played the first game

You've given away a major plot point of the first game.

o.k I admit I gave a spoiler.

but this is a bio shock 2 thread.
    niallon wrote: »
    You've given away a major plot point of the first game.

• Advertisement

o.k I admit I gave a spoiler.

but this is a bio shock 2 thread.

I've gone mildly beyond the point of really being bothered to be honest but would it kill you to edit your post?

I can;t edit it :D
    Ryan dies and you kill him in the first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Is your left hand missing ?

I completed the game earlier today and for most of the last level I had this problem.
    It was a nightmare fighting the Big Sisters. :(

If you equip a new tonic at a gene bank, it fixes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

I can;t edit it :D dribble drabble spoilery boo

Was going to pick it up, won't now, thanks for that.

I can;t edit it :Dmy fat cat wont get off my lap *mod*

You click edit. Really not that difficult.

And then putting your spoiler in another post is possibly the most imbecilic and childish thing I've ever seen.

Anyway, I really really don't care. I simply requested you remove a spoiler, you responded with childish retorts. Best of luck.

can;t edit it so quit being a baby deal with the spoiler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

How about one of us spoil the end of Bioshock 2 for you so? Then we can tell you to deal with it and everyone will be even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Dude you just broke the carnal law of the net.
    Use spoilertags!

carnal law thats priceless this spoiler thing has got out of hand online.

I didnt mean too, and nailon was moaning for some reason I didnt even give away much. but when he did comment and moan I gave it away,

but Id say ryan will be back for the third one.

completed bio shock 2. have to say the first game is better story wise but the second game is better at the action.

carnal law thats priceless this spoiler thing has got out of hand online.

I didnt mean too, and nailon was moaning for some reason I didnt even give away much. but when he did comment and moan I gave it away,

but Id say ryan will be back for the third one.

First off it's niallon, not nailon. Get it right or don't bother at all.

Secondly, the spoilier in question that you feel compelled to give away, you gave away before I even came into the conversation. Then I took it to your attention, you didn't know what I was getting at. Once you were aware you then decided to repeat the spoiler in a further post. Don't try and say that my "moaning" (childish, childish little remark) cause you to give away the spoiler, this is a public forum bub and we can all see the conversation history.

• Advertisement

Thank you for bringing it too my attention nailon :rolleyes:

Thank you for bringing it too my attention nailon :rolleyes:

How old are you, honestly? From your posts I'd say about twelve - higher? Lower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

seriously are you both children?

stop whining, I fixed the issue, bring the thread back on topic or it'll be locked and a number of bans will be handed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    seriously are you both children?

stop whining, I fixed the issue, bring the thread back on topic or it'll be locked and a number of bans will be handed out.

At the risk of a ban, the spoiler is still there in two quoted posts (Post #15 and #16).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

fixed in haste

In the end of the day I didnt mean too give away the plot for the first game.

But it my defence it is still a incredible game it was amazing and still is Im goin to play it a second time on evil mode so theres a different ending.

its worth playing sean.

you you gave me a choice to play the first or second game Id pick the first.

I Didnt mean to give away the spoiler and I already said sorry for that and I think a mountain was made out of a mole hill.

What a game the first one rocks.
    SeanKev wrote: »
    Was going to pick it up, won't now, thanks for that.

If it boiled down too it and I had too pick between Bioshock and Fallout as in endings wise story and fmv video.

I would have to say that Bio Shock wins in the long run by far.
    NotorietyH wrote: »
    How about one of us spoil the end of Bioshock 2 for you so? Then we can tell you to deal with it and everyone will be even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

If it boiled down too it and I had too pick between Bioshock and Fallout as in endings wise story and fmv video.

I would have to say that Bio Shock wins in the long run by far.

Considering neither of them had FMV or even pre-rendered cutscenes I think you might want to try comparing them in some other way. They're two completely different genres anyway. The main story of Fallout 3 might not have been as strong as Bioshock's, but some of the side quests in Fallout are fantastic. Bioshock is completely linear too so it's much easier to string you along the narrative whereas you can spend 14 hours between sections of the main story in Fallout.

Advertisement