Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing line from a Song

• 30-04-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Just recently discovered the Avett Brothers and heard a song called "Murder in the City"

Song here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE7rkSELM3I

But there is a line in it "There was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our own name".

Found it a very moving line, in a great song by a good band

Enjoy the song

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

That's quite nice.

Have these guys been picked up by daytime radio here yet? I was talking to a DJ a few days back who's been playing them and was wondering why Ray D'Arcy or some similar show haven't picked up and started playing one of their songs yet.

It's bound to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

That's quite nice.

Have these guys been picked up by daytime radio here yet? I was talking to a DJ a few days back who's been playing them and was wondering why Ray D'Arcy or some similar show haven't picked up and started playing one of their songs yet.

It's bound to happen.

I have heard Ray Foley of the lad who is on after him playing this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsgIEBwIZM which is from there new album, and they have apparently played in Dublin a few months back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

That's quite nice.

It's bound to happen.
    Tony Fenton's daily download slot a good place to start if anyone wants to recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

If this thread is about memorable lines from songs I'd like to add one that sticks in the memory...very old school and I know lots of people hate them, but a line from Counting Crows 'Recovering the Satellites' always sticks in my mind....

"She sees shooting stars and comet tails, she's got heaven in her eyes".

I just love the way it's sung on the live 'Across a Wire' album.

If not, sorry for the irrelevant addition!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

"i want something good to die for
    to make it beautiful to live"

Go With The Flow-Queens Of The Stone Age

"you make me wanna pick uo a guitar
    to celebrate the myriad ways that i love you"

Slow Hands - Interpol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

"I sold my soul to Jesus, & since then I haven't had much fun" - Laura Marling

Classic line that. And Bell x1's "If there was a God then way is my arse the prefect height for kicking" Always gives me a chuckle.

Advertisement