Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Nearly, but not quite, unmolested

• 30-04-2010 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I had to "twist" the background while leaving the centre straight. Originally the hillside very distinctly slopped up from left to right. But, really, what's this topic of photo without a bit of molestation and a touch of reality adjustment?

I would really like some input on a black and white conversion. I feel I have something fantastic in this image (I'm planning to repeat the shoot at leisure tonight, light permitting), but in black and white I'm losing something. Eh, I love the colour version, don't get me wrong, but I need black and white to fit in with my coming exhibition.

20100430095108_121.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Rise! I bid thee, rise! I'll be more subtle with my jibes in future, promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Looks more like CGI graphics than a photo with all the heavy processing, tbh. Not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

What do you think is wrong with it in black & white?

The only thing I can think of is the possibility that you aren't getting enough tonal separation between the crucifix mound and the trees behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

To me, the photo appears excellent technically, and the composition is brilliant. At first glance, I admired the symmetry, then I saw the grave on the right... a real visual kicker.

And yet... I am not able to like it, ( even though I love some of your others) I dont like the colour of the sky, reminds me of grad tobacco filters which I loathe... I don't like the crucifix....always hated grotto-ey things...feck it , not much help am I ? Sorry!

-FoxT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Looks more like CGI graphics than a photo with all the heavy processing, tbh. Not for me.

It hasn't and I haven't, that's the thing. I stitched it and straightened the background. Everything else is out-of-camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Fenster wrote: »
    It hasn't and I haven't, that's the thing. I stitched it and straightened the background. Everything else is out-of-camera.

Ah, ok. I was just going by how it appeared to me. It has a processed look about it somehow. Maybe it's the dramatic contrast between sky and ground? Just ... something

Advertisement