Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for playing Multiplayer "Newbie"

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I've just got the game and have just starter playing multiplayer, but I'm a bit lost at the moment and don't really know what I'm doing which compliments my crap game play equally.

Any tips on how to improve. I normally play on my own and am just landed into a squad and start running looking for people to shot. The guns I have are pretty crap but I realise they'll get better as I get better. I've seem some videos on you tube and it looks like the game could be great fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dymo wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I've just got the game and have just starter playing multiplayer, but I'm a bit lost at the moment and don't really know what I'm doing which compliments my crap game play equally.

Any tips on how to improve. I normally play on my own and am just landed into a squad and start running looking for people to shot. The guns I have are pretty crap but I realise they'll get better as I get better. I've seem some videos on you tube and it looks like the game could be great fun.

1. Stay near your squad mates. Between you, you can revive each other, keep each other up with ammo, spot other enemies and spawn on each other. An effective squad uunit is VERY hard to stop, plus, you won't be noobed as much.

2. Don't try to run and gun as a new player. You'll be cut to shreds. Look for cover, try to aim / get shots off as soon as you see an enemy. and SPOT.

3. If medic or assault, USE your crates. If behind cover, drop an ammo or medic crate beside yourself. Not only will this keep you topped up, but your squad mates can avail of it also, and you'll gain lots of points.

4. There are objectives - try to get them as a squad. Running into an MCOM by yourself with no other team mates around will end in a death, plus, it will just be disarmed.

5. Get used to the guns. When shooting, ALWAYS use the scope / iron sights. You will be far more accurate. Try to get it almost as a reflex when you go to shoot, you bring the gun up to the sights in a single motion.

6. At first, don't try to go knife people, even if they cannot see you, just shoot them and make sure. They've borked the knife so it doesn't work as well now anyway.

7. If on the [TiG] server (where a lot of us play / are members), get on TS - it helps hugely when talking to your teammates as you can tell each other whats going on.

8. Situational awareness is key - LOOK at the mini map for spotted enemies, and where your team mates are.

9. Most of all - practice, and have fun. I'm not the best player in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but do ok. I enjoy it :) I got the ar$e ripped off me for the first few days playing. But hold my own nowadays.

10. SPOT.

11. SPOT.

I'm sure others will chime in with more tips for you, but these should get you started anyway :)

Why not jump on the [TiG] server tonight? Go into the TiG thread and add a few of us as friends, that way you can just join by clicking our name in your friends list.

Oh, get TeamSpeak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

All of the above.....

But make sure you join a squad, as you will get more points when you heal and supply teamates over others. Spot all the time (Q key) not only will it get you points but will kill the enemy faster.

Play medic starting off as it will get you the most points (when you unlock the defib kit) to rank up and unlock new guns....constantly check your "SIX" and never sun in a straight line as snipers are everywhere.

Watch others in your squad and you will be amazed what you learn very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

PC, XBOX or PS3 by the way? If its PC as the lads said join our ts and we'll help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Thanks for the tips, its XBOX I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

id just say always play in a squad ( this is not cod you wont last very long if you play rambo style)

always stay in cover and take your time when attacking ( not like cod were u run around the map like a mad man.) this allows you to view the mini map for spotted players and the location of your squad mates.

as dublingunner said spot spot spot ( you will get points for this even if someone kills the guy yo spotted)

fire your weapon in short bursts just dont let rip. and the game is not all about your kill to death ratio. defending and attacking the flags as a group is fun and a squad that works well together is very hard to stop this will improve your stats etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Thanks for the tips, its XBOX I'm on.

There is a bunch of xbox BC2 players here, probably pick up some more ideas but i'd have to agree with what the lads say above

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055851540

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

is there some kind of configuration you need to set to hear people talking in the game,cos i have not heard one player yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

Simple things really.

Dropping ammo or med kits ,throw at your feet ,i see loads of ppl that throw them away in crazy ways, off cliffs , off buildings and in a firefight ,those secs count from reloading/healing to dieing!

BE AWARE - listen to voice soundbytes,you ll hear if enemies near by have thrown a nade ,dropped med kit /ammo box. -USE HEADPHONES :)
    Also keep in mind where the Blue pointers are -yes there your guys and show how the battlefield is shaping up.

LET others go rambo into enemy flags till you get a grip on things,you ll see they dont last and we all hate dying!! watch flags - there also in your HUD at all times,you can see enemy movement.
    3 flags ,A,B,C .You take A and roll to B and see that C in enemy hands.
    Take B ,flag is yours,seconds later ,A is flashing !!!!
    Within secs your between a rock and a hard place.Fighting on two fronts.

Using Vehicles -Tank - learn the optic distances like sniper rifle, there are serious tankers out there that will pop a shell in your ass in secs.
    Hitting a moving tank ,same principle - lead the tank and Boom.
    AT GUYS - well i usually move back and forth - dont stay still,confuses them to firing awkward angles - Tracer ( GET OUT OF THERE)!!!

Squad up man - its a flip coin situation, really good squads that will show you surviving intense firefights.Lame squads that dont interact with each other,get wiped!!!!

HMM xbox ,well im a PC player , try different weapons - Find a stationary object ,fire all the weapons at the small specific object and learn the recoils ,short bursts and using that darn analog stick - youll get the hang then of moving slightly and keeping focus on target/object while firing.

SNIPERS - you ll get a feel very quickly if theres many snipers on other team!!! Dont pull the curtains and stare out the window!!BOOM HEAD SHOT!!! - ok you will die one way or another from sniper fire BUT make that little coward work for his meat!!! dont run down the street in open view (BOOM ANY POINT ON YOUR BODY SHOT).
    Each map you ll grasp where they congregate and find your own rat runs ,so to speak to avoid alot of fire. Of course ememies will be everywhere but you get the fundamentals.

spot spot spot - just because you cant hit them,others will home in like flys to shoite,and you just might get spot points.

Medic - Defib - Dont stand still and try revive - Sitting target and no weapon in hand - sprint -shock -sprint -shock . revive as you move -all practice .

Using Vehicles - Chopper - Unless you want to have fun and mess about - Plain and simple the chopper is a flying coffin for 2 Ducks.
    I have my tank platinum star and double kill Insignia which id say 85% accounted for chopper kills. Its a disaster in this game!

A gem to use to get good kills is WITH AT load-out using AT mines ,not alot of player choose this weapon, two of these babies placed a few meters apart will send shrapnel into
    your enemies underpants.Make sure you hide them among rubble or in a snipers mortar crater or on top of a hill where the armors point of view is too elevated to spot them.
    If you leave placed anywhere at all ,you might as well put two yellow tennis balls on a pink towel and hope nobody can see them - FAIL!!

And dont worry bout reading ,ohh Carl gustav noobs,GL noobs, sniper noobs, m60 noobs - you go use what you feel best and in the end you
    be as tough as Arnie in Commando.
    ]
    GIV EM HELL AND HAPPY HUNTING

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

May Feign wrote: »
    is there some kind of configuration you need to set to hear people talking in the game,cos i have not heard one player yet?

The in game voice comms aren't used all that much. Only once have I been in a squad where I heard people using it. (I'm on PC btw)

Most PC users use Team Speak for voice comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

shoot the other team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

yeah you gotta work your way up to the unlocked weapons, i did it as sniper(throwing loads of those things that show where the enemy is) so you gotta kinda look out for others and well forget about yourself.

in most games im the crazy mofo who as a medic will run in anywhere and if i can res them i will, and if i see a medic die i run in to pick up there kit and res them back. Nobody will ever thank you, but if its fun to you, do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Scram wrote: »
    in most games im the crazy mofo who as a medic will run in anywhere and if i can res them i will, and if i see a medic die i run in to pick up there kit and res them back. Nobody will ever thank you, but if its fun to you, do it.
    Do you res people during a firefight, when the enemy are close by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Thanks for the tips its really only in the last month I've really started playing the game seriously and have a few more questions.

1)How do I deploy my parachute when jumping off a building.

2)What's the best way of scoring points, I keep seem to be going back to the medic as I seem to get the most points for healing and reviving where as if I'm recon I can get kills but my score is only in the hundreds where as when I'm medic I'm always in the thousands.

3)Is there any way of learning how to drive the helicopters, any time I get into one I don't last long and its usually crash and burn., I'm on the xbox.

4) Do people ever speak on mic's there seems to be very little communication and I seem like I talking to my self. I'm only level 8 and am going to wait till I rank up more before looking for a clan.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Spacebar on PC which is the default jump key, not sure on XBox, can u check in options?
    2)What's the best way of scoring points, I keep seem to be going back to the medic as I seem to get the most points for healing and reviving where as if I'm recon I can get kills but my score is only in the hundreds where as when I'm medic I'm always in the thousands.
    Assault: kill people, drop ammo boxes.
    Medic: kill ppl, revive, drop medic box, the points for revives and healing are massive, if you play a long Rush map you can get sick amounts of points, especially if you spam with the revives.
    Engineer: repair tanks, use tracers to tag vehicles, destroy vehicles, AT mines are really satisfying if you get bored of RPGs.
    Recon: hard to score big points unless you are really good at fragging, motion mines and mortars will help with points. Don't be one of those snipers who hide at the back and finish a long round with a k:d of 3-8 or something.
    3)Is there any way of learning how to drive the helicopters, any time I get into one I don't last long and its usually crash and burn., I'm on the xbox.
    Dunno, I can't fly for sh1t, find an empty server and practice?
    4) Do people ever speak on mic's there seems to be very little communication and I seem like I talking to my self. I'm only level 8 and am going to wait till I rank up more before looking for a clan.
    Very little in game comms on the PC, most ppl use vent/Ts, dunno about xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Thanks for the tips its really only in the last month I've really started playing the game seriously and have a few more questions.

press a twice

Heal and revive medic
    Headshots and spot sniper
    Repair and Antitank mines and tracer eng
    Assaut no clue not good at this class myself

Cant help cant fly myself

Thanks

I posted this before and said it's a clan but it's more of a group of people who are from boards who play the game we always talk in squads or start a party. The only thing is we play hardcore.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055851540

Advertisement