Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Book..

• 30-04-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

just wondering if ye have any recommendations for any good DIY/Interior Design books? We need a bit of everything painting,sanding floors, tiling etc.

We are buying a house that is in good condition just needs freshening up.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Reviews here http://www.gardenhive.com/home/diy/books/reviews/uk/ but I use google a lot to find solutions to DIY problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 dolalu

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Hi All,

just wondering if ye have any recommendations for any good DIY/Interior Design books? We need a bit of everything painting,sanding floors, tiling etc.

We are buying a house that is in good condition just needs freshening up.

Thanks.

Great site here B&Q How to Guides should give you some good tips on most projects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

biko wrote: »
    Reviews here http://www.gardenhive.com/home/diy/books/reviews/uk/ but I use google a lot to find solutions to DIY problems.

I have the Collins one, which is pretty similar to the readers digest one.

It covers a lot of stuff and is well laid out, but it doesn't tell you everything unfortunately. It describes how to plaster, for example, but doesn't include the pitfalls and the common problems that you can run into while doing it.

Still worth the 20 odd quid though, as it covers a lot of stuff

Advertisement