Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOLEN: Red Honda CRX

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My red Honda CRX (not the Del Sol convertible model) was stolen from the side of my house in Balbriggan last night. It's not driveable at the moment so someone had to tow it away. It's a fairly unusual car and pretty distinctive looking (very low, white 5-spoke wheels). Reg is 90 D 56284. If you saw this being towed or on the back of a lorry anytime after 1 a.m. today, please let me know.

Any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Sorry to hear man - will keep it in mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

roughly where in balbriggan was it removed from? (obv dont publish your address!!) sorry to hear that will keep an eye out. did you have a chassis number or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Skerries Road side, Morphéus, I'll have to check the log book when I get home for the chassis number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Jaysus blastman thats a bitch. Will keep an ear out. Hopefully you get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

Did you check that the council or similar didn't tow it? It's just that you mention that it's not driving and I am guessing (maybe wrongly) that it's been sitting there a while? You mentioned that it's down the side of your house?
    If not hope you get it back.. Any ideas why somebody might want it?
    Any shops or premises nearby leading out of balbriggan that might have CCTV cameras outside that might be of use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Yeah agree with Homer. Try the Apple garage near the motorway for cameras and I am sure the banks and Eurospar have C.C.T.V cameras.

Hope you get your car back.

Homer wrote: »
    Did you check that the council or similar didn't tow it? It's just that you mention that it's not driving and I am guessing (maybe wrongly) that it's been sitting there a while? You mentioned that it's down the side of your house?
    If not hope you get it back.. Any ideas why somebody might want it?
    Any shops or premises nearby leading out of balbriggan that might have CCTV cameras outside that might be of use?
    It's not a standard CRX, that's the only reason I can think of that anyone would go to the bother. I haven't been able to find out for sure yet that the council didn't take it, but it's been there for a while and as far as I know none of the neighbours had any issues with it. Have spoken to the local Super about it, hoping to hear back from him tomorrow.

Thanks, China!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

It might help if you put a picture up.Even from google images, as I travel on the skerries road anything up to 8 times a day.I dont know what a HONDA car looks like .I might not be the only one?Really sad to hear that happened.I hope you get it back.Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Homer wrote: »
    I really doubt they would have been out on a covert mission at 1am.

Is there anyone here from around Gormanston that might have seen the car in the area last weekend or early this week? I was told it had been seen in the area but when I checked out the location I was given there was no sign of it, just wondering if anyone else might have spotted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Might be no harm to stake out Gormo beach a few evenings/nights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

blastman wrote: »
    Is there anyone here from around Gormanston that might have seen the car in the area last weekend or early this week? I was told it had been seen in the area but when I checked out the location I was given there was no sign of it, just wondering if anyone else might have spotted it.
    Will keep my eye out. I go walking around the area a fair bit. The hubbie works in Balbriggan so I've asked him to keep his eye out as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

I spotted a white one in Julianstown recently (I'm nearly sure it was a CRX). It was parked in a driveway so I didn't see the registration. I remembered this thread so just thought I'd mention it. PM me for more exact directions if you think it's worth checking out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

blastman wrote: »
    Hi all

My red Honda CRX (not the Del Sol convertible model) was stolen from the side of my house in Balbriggan last night. It's not driveable at the moment so someone had to tow it away. It's a fairly unusual car and pretty distinctive looking (very low, white 5-spoke wheels). Reg is 90 D 56284. If you saw this being towed or on the back of a lorry anytime after 1 a.m. today, please let me know.

Any info appreciated

No info, but I feel your pain. 2 years I had a car parked up, in Balbriggan as well, that I was working on repairing myself. Came home from work and it was gone. It wasn't driving so it must have been towed as well.

I know this isn't any help to you but it should be a warning to anyone else reading this.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement