Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice of the Peace

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Looking for some advice on how to locate and employ the services of a Justice of the Peace. Sligo/Leitrim area.

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

qweeva wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Looking for some advice on how to locate and employ the services of a Justice of the Peace. Sligo/Leitrim area.

Thanks so much

had to google this, known as the Peace Commissioner in ireland if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

had to avail of the services of a peace commissioner a couple of years ago and was directed to a gentleman on the top floor of the courthouse building in Sligo, if you ask at the reception desk in the lobby i'm sure they will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

irish-stew wrote: »
    had to google this, known as the Peace Commissioner in ireland if that helps

Or he may need a Commissioner for Oaths
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/civil-law/commissioners_for_oaths

but, as a previous poster advised, try the Courthouse for a PC (and Matt Lyons in Stephen Street is also a PC).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Matt Lyons of Lyons Shop is one afaik. I needed one a few years ago and Margaret Gormally is who I went to but she is closer to home.

Advertisement