Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

david mccann

• 30-04-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

i know it seems unfair to single out any individual from the rest of our full time cyclists, but david mc cann has had a cracking few weeks racing.
    he seems to be winning all around him

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Leading the Jelajah Malaysia as we speak
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/jelajah-malaysia-2-2

Ranked as number 2 on the UCI asia tour as well....
    Might even be no.1 after this week.

http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MjExMw&LangId=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Irishcycling.com does him justice but you won't find a mention of his performances anywhere else as the pro's based in Europe take all the limelight.

I have to admit that I'm a fan despite having no connections to him or his former clubs whatsoever.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

He's a member of Phoenix cc in Belfast and has bee around for as long as I can remember.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=438

That's a link to all his pro teams and results in UCI races.

He has unfortunately got the cloud of a failed dope test hanging over him and this does colour some peoples perception of him even 10 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Ya I don't like the fact he tested positive- now he ponfiticates about drugs - yeah right! Just shut up - he is lucky the regs are not strict enough so they still allow him to race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Ya I don't like the fact he tested positive- now he ponfiticates about drugs - yeah right! Just shut up - he is lucky the regs are not strict enough so they still allow him to race

He was 3 nanograms above the allowed level of Norandrosterone which was discovered was due to be a contaminated glutamine supplement (legal) and so got the minimum suspension. At the time quite a few other people fell foul of the contaminated product, from Maximuscle IIRC.

• Advertisement

el tel wrote: »
    He was 3 nanograms above the allowed level of Norandrosterone which was discovered was due to be a contaminated glutamine supplement (legal) and so got the minimum suspension. At the time quite a few other people fell foul of the contaminated product, from Maximuscle IIRC.

any verifiable independent unbiased references for that info??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

any verifiable independent references for that info??

Last edited by Slideshowbob; Today at 15:58.

Good edit there!

There's lots of stuff on the web about it but your request looking for 'verifiable independent evidence' is asking for something that most likely isn't publically available. And I think you probably realise that yourself, hence that's why you are looking for it?

His situation was not unique at the time (2002)
    http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=taintedsupplements

[Hmmm...and ANOTHER good edit there @ 16.02 - you would now like 'verifiable independent UNBIASED evidence'? See post above.

I do realise it ;)

That is why I am asking for it :)*

Your link to a journalists hypothesis regarding my question is a "no" in my humble opinion.

*actually asking for it because I assume you can't provide me with it

I think it was a bit more than 3ngs above the limit but the anti doping panel did accept it came from a contaminated supplement.

He got 6 months and a 2000SF fine.

At the time the minimum was a warning and after that a 3/12 ban so it wasn't the minimum ban at that time.

It was however a lot less than the 2 years which he could have got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

Irishcycling.com does him justice but you won't find a mention of his performances anywhere else as the pro's based in Europe take all the limelight.

Not true, the Irish Times give him more coverage in their cycling notes than Deignan or Martin whenever they are racng in anything but the top races.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

anyway ,he is doing great, thats all, don't really want to rake up any dodgy history

Advertisement