Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kahles Scopes

Options
  • 30-04-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience of Kahles scopes?

I'm looking at maybe getting a 3-10x50 for a .223.

Any body know of any dealers and any price advice would be appreciated also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Tikkamark has one, I looked at a couple of foxes through it. Never got the opportunity to shoot either of them but it's a good scope indeed. Irish Shooters Digest will have a list of dealers, their adverts may say they have Kahles scopes, if not, you can ring around. Not sure on price, eurooptics is a good site for scopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

A friend of mine has on on his 243, its excellent a fantastic scope!! I have never missed with it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Next to Zeiss,one of the BEST scopes out there.Buy it and save your change for your rifle purchase.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Excellent scope. Up there with best of em..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

kahles ,zeiss, S/B , swro and at a push nightforce .

the rest are made in a shed in china .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

jwshooter wrote: »
    kahles ,zeiss, S/B , swro and at a push nightforce .

the rest are made in a shed in china .

Not a leupold fan so :P ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

Not a leupold fan so :P ???

Commercial Leupolds are made in an American enclave in the Philippines from components made in the far east.
    The military versions have a military specified reticle made in USA.
    Thats the only differance.

Zeiss conquest range of products are assembled in the same factory from the same components as Leupold.

Zeiss Victory range................dont know

Nightforce..............Japanese, maybe thats why their so good.

There is a rumour out there that Zeiss, S/B and Swaro are assembled in Europe from components made in the far east using Schott glass.

Kahles.................dont know.

Night vision scopes..........a company in the UK use tubes destined to be Gen3 but fail to meet the standard and get re-badged as Gen2+ capable in the US. The UK company sell them as per the original design specification.

All these Rumours, Lies and Innuendo are already in the public domain.

Caveat Emptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

kahles are made just up the road from styer in austria

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And if you win the lottery somtime.Either Hendersolt or Unertel is very good too.

Commercial Leupolds are made in an American enclave in the Philippines from components made in the far east.
    The military versions have a military specified reticle made in USA.
    Thats the only differance.

Thats why it's better getting the European version of either Leupold or S&B.They wont have been assembled by somone making a dollar a day in a factory somwhere in the jungle.

There is a rumour out there that Zeiss, S/B and Swaro are assembled in Europe from components made in the far east using Schott glass.

Wouldnt be surprised anymore .Source your materials in the cheapest of the cheap country,seems to be the way to go with exclusive brands.BUT still keep that exclusive price too.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

Somebody paid $7000 for a genuine Unertel ex Marine scope the other day at a show in the US.

The US Military are rumoured to have sent back all their S/B scopes to Premier reticle because of sticking turrets.

S/B and premier reticle are since no longer bedfellows. evidently someone farted in the bed.

I used US optics for years only recently changing to a S/B.
    I didn't have to pay for my scopes until recently either.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Used a Kahles in the States.
    Definetly brighter than my Leupold (which is still a great scope).

My opinion is that they are as good as S&B and Zeiss for mots purposes, and in the states at least they were a bargain compared to the big two pricewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

how about some of the less popular european scopes like docter, kaps, seeadler and meopta, how do they rate against the big names

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

ormondprop wrote: »
    how about some of the less popular european scopes like docter, kaps, seeadler and meopta, how do they rate against the big names

I would not put seeadler in the same group as the others.
    Kaps are into surgical microscopes and are very close to S&B. The owners hunt and started with scopes as a second leg. They are of very high quality. Doctor, Kaps, Meopta produce good scopes and binos. Just a tad behind in coatings compared to Swaro/S&B/Zeiss.

edi

Advertisement