Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking fine

Options
  • 30-04-2010 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Arrr got a parking fine in Killorglin, the regular traffic warden is on holidays and the relief warden is letting people know she's around

so mad literally ran into bank and bang came out and there was a fine, I confronted the warden over it whom admittied that she saw me running to the bank and back to the car but she cant remove the fine as its already in the computer she said to appeal it and state that shes admits that she saw me, but has anyone appealed, it doesnt mention anywhere on the fine how to appeal, help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

Hi there, can't help you with how to appeal. However, am interested to know what would be the basis for your appeal. Is it, 'I was only just running in..?', were you parked illegally?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

cate a wrote: »
    Arrr got a parking fine in Killorglin, the regular traffic warden is on holidays and the relief warden is letting people know she's around

so mad literally ran into bank and bang came out and there was a fine, I confronted the warden over it whom admittied that she saw me running to the bank and back to the car but she cant remove the fine as its already in the computer she said to appeal it and state that shes admits that she saw me, but has anyone appealed, it doesnt mention anywhere on the fine how to appeal, help please

She was only doing her job and cannot be blamed for that. Try and see where she was coming from though, and imagine how many people would be pulling in where they wanted to just to run in or there to do their business.

Can I ask were you parked illegally or in a legal spot but didn't pay the parking fee?

I have never heard of anyone appealing a parking fine being honest. Try contacting Kerry Co.Co on Tuesday and see what they say to you there before formally appealing the parking fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

If you're a stranger to Killorglin then I'm sorry if you did not know the following -
    Free Car Park to Bank of Ireland - 2 mins walk
    Free Car Park to AIB - 3 mins walk
    My own view is if she saw you scoot into the Bank, common sense might have told her to keep an eye out and just have a word when you came out. But as you say, she was keen to impress, perhaps under orders to at least cover her wages every day.
    Better luck next time you're here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cate a

My fine is for non goods car in loading bay area,
    I agree more than anyone that traffic wardens are needed in towns due to the way people just drop cars

I was only inquiring as the warden is the one whom suggested to me to appeal it, (car was not fully in the marked area, i.e 2 back tires) and it doesnt mention anywhere on the fine how to appeal, and was interested to see if others had done so

without photographic evidence I believe it would be rather hard to appeal anyway

Advertisement