Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon

Options
  • 30-04-2010 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Does anyone know where I can Get a decent clay pigeon trap for reasonable money. A friend has a little yellow one he bought on e-bay but it doesnt throw very far and seems to break both clays when firing doubles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

a single stack promatic is a excellent trap , Delaney commercials ask for john .there in the book

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Is your pals clay machine a Hoppes [US] clay thrower?If it is braking the clays on the double throw,it is proably because there should be a long thin line of "foam insulator"[if thats the right word] inside the slot of the throwing arm.Had the saqme problem on mine,and once that insulator line starts to go[within appx 50 throws] it has to be replaced.A roll of sticky draught excluder foam tape makes a good replacement.
    Try that and see if that is your problem.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 japnut

how much would that trap set me back and is that delaneys in naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

japnut wrote: »
    how much would that trap set me back and is that delaneys in naas

you best ring him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Is your pals clay machine a Hoppes [US] clay thrower?If it is braking the clays on the double throw,it is proably because there should be a long thin line of "foam insulator"[if thats the right word] inside the slot of the throwing arm.Had the saqme problem on mine,and once that insulator line starts to go[within appx 50 throws] it has to be replaced.A roll of sticky draught excluder foam tape makes a good replacement.
    Try that and see if that is your problem.

I found the same, I never bothered with two. I was happy with one, I might try that foam thing though
    A mate gave me a present of the hoppes one $28 he paid for it, the car tyre I fixed it to was free also!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement