Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing TOSBack.ie - track changes to T&Cs online

• 30-04-2010 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Thanks to the mods for allowing me to tell you about this.

I have opened the floodgates on a new website this morning called http://www.tosback.ie. Basically, what it does is allow you to track and see the exact changes in Terms and Conditions from Irish companies. Right now its only focusing on telecoms companies, but that will be expanding.

It's based on the open source TOSBack.org, and adapted to follow Irish companies. I loved the idea because it is a nice, simple thing that so many companies don't make obvious when they do it. Now you can get notifications via RSS as soon as they do.

I know there are some companies that people will want to see that are not there at the moment. For some its because I have not added them at this time but they will be coming later. For others its because of technical issues (the software doesn't yet know how to read T&Cs in PDF files for example, but this will change). Either way, please send me any that you would like to see added at policy[at]tosback.ie.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I heartily endorse this event or product.

Seriously though, good idea. Sneaky changes to T&Cs can be a pain, as you can no longer prove what you actually signed up to originally in the event of falling foul of a change.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Seems like a nice simple idea to be honest, it'll likely annoy telecoms companys no end because as you said some companys often don't go out of their way to notify people of T&C changes.

The PDF issue is abit annoying alright, think UTV's T&C's are only in PDF format,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Cabaal wrote: »
    Seems like a nice simple idea to be honest, it'll likely annoy telecoms companys no end because as you said some companys often don't go out of their way to notify people of T&C changes.

The PDF issue is abit annoying alright, think UTV's T&C's are only in PDF format,
    And UPC and Digiweb. But we'll get them yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Hey guys,

Thanks to the mods for allowing me to tell you about this.

I have opened the floodgates on a new website this morning called http://www.tosback.ie.

Excellent idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Great idea, Aidan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Brilliant idea :D

I've used TOSback.org to keep track of FB and the constant changing of their T&C's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I've been getting a lot of requests to add Facebook, Twitter, etc. I might look into that at a later point but right now I want to focus on Irish companies.

Advertisement