If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Turntable

Options
  • 30-04-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

im looking for a turntable, can you recommed one? I dont need usb connection so plain and simple a turntable i will connect to my audio setup.

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi ipodrocker.

Have a look over the following:

Project Genie 2 priced at £169.95 / 199.95 Euro (In Stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/categorydetail.asp?objectid=938&mode=0&categoryid=2&sub=20&c=1

Project Debut 3 priced at £199.95 / 239.95 Euro (Back in stock but in very small amounts)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=2&sub=20&productid=69

At the moment these two would be our most plain and simple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Hi ipodrocker.

Have a look over the following:

Project Genie 2 priced at £169.95 / 199.95 Euro (In Stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/categorydetail.asp?objectid=938&mode=0&categoryid=2&sub=20&c=1

Project Debut 3 priced at £199.95 / 239.95 Euro (Back in stock but in very small amounts)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=2&sub=20&productid=69

At the moment these two would be our most plain and simple :)

im finally in a position to get a new turntable whay do u recommend?

Hey ipodrocker.

In stock at the moment we have the following:

Project Essential which is priced at £149.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/turntables/project/essential/proj-essential-blk

And also the Maratnz TT42 has just arrived back into stock priced also at £149.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1060&Results=true&keys=marantz

The two Projects mentioned before are now out of stock. :(

I might tend to sway more towards the Marantz TT42 if it was me :)

thanks kenny, can i get this in dublin or delivered? (marantz )

The Marantz TT42 is availble from the Belfast store, I can have it delviered to your home address or I can have it shipped to The Philips Shop in Dame street, Dublin and you can collect it from there.

Unfortunatley on this product I will have to charge the £11.99 shipping fee (Even if I send it to the Philips Shop) Sorry :(

If you would like one drop me a PM with your contact number and I'll give you a buzz :)

• Advertisement

oh cool, ive i was to buy some cables too the shipping be the same price? in terms of cables what would you recommend. I have a perfect marantz amp with phono connection.

thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ipodrocker wrote: »
    oh cool, ive i was to buy some cables too the shipping be the same price? in terms of cables what would you recommend. I have a perfect marantz amp with phono connection.

thanks

iPOD,

No problem - if it's just some cables we will pop them into the same box for you and of course there won't be any extra delivery charge.

If the cables you are looking for are between the Marantz turntable & the Marantz Amp - then I can save yourself a few more yoyo as the TT42 already has the Phono cable included!

(See, we are good to you ;))

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John,

do you know the length of the cable supplied? as i will be putting the turntable away from the amp, or with a turntable better not to have a long length of cable?

thanks

ipodrocker

John,

do you know the length of the cable supplied? as i will be putting the turntable away from the amp, or with a turntable better not to have a long length of cable?

thanks

ipodrocker

Ip,

no problem - we would ALWAYS recommend that within reason ALL cables are kept as short as possible.

Kenny has checked the length of the Marantz TT42 Phono cable * it's 116 Cms (he was always a precise child :rolleyes:)

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6735

On another tack - I have to say that I think the Marantz really sounds great!

Thanks again - keep the questions coming if we can assist!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Kenny PM sent, i am also looking at a bluray player too what would you suggest and could we do a deal on the turntable and bluray player together?

• Advertisement

Hey IpodRocker.

Just checking in with you to see if your Turntable has arrived yet? :)

it didnt come yesterday, will check when i get home and update you.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks very much the turntable is class and suits the rest of system! delivered in perfect condition. thanks again!

Hi Kenny,

Thanks very much the turntable is class and suits the rest of system! delivered in perfect condition. thanks again!

Ipod - thanks for the update - yep that Marantz turntable is an excellent design (sometimes the old designs are the best!) and the sound quality is really excellent ( I have actually just bought one myself - to replace my esoteric expensive difficult to use turntable that no one else in the hous will use for fear of damaging it (especially as we are usually tipsy when the LP's come out!))

Keep us posted and enjoy the vinyl!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

the sounds is brilliant being playing some u2 and the sound clairty is brilliant!

the sounds is brilliant being playing some u2 and the sound clairty is brilliant!

Get back to work & stop making the rest of us jealous! :D

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.