Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My UserCP shows 145 subscribed threads.. and not recently posted threads!

Options
  • 30-04-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of an odd one!

My UserCP lists 145 subscribed threads. Whereas usually, my UserCP would only show threads that have been replied to since I last logged in.

But it's showing 145 subscribed threads going back as far as the 20th April and won't show any new threads I've posted until I get a reply to them. And even then, once I view them.. they disappear from my UserCP.

Tried on a few different machines and same thing - is there a setting I'm missing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Thread read status is now stored in the database, not in a giant cookie.

Pro:
    • Tracking of whether you read a thread/forum is now accurate
    • Tracking read status follows you across all browsers.
    • There's a (very minor) speed increase for people on slow connections where they don't have to upload a big wodge of bbthread_lastview cookie on every page view.
    • [For Us] Fewer cookies means more opportunity to cache stuff.
    • [For Us] We can start using thread view data to make better decisions about things like post of the day and thread of the day.

Con:
    • It'll take a while for vBulletin to re-learn what you have and haven't read.
    • It's slightly less aggressive about assuming that you've read something just because you logged in more recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ahhh.. I see.

Cheers for that Conor.

Advertisement