Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Engineer - What cards do I need to work on site?

Options
  • 30-04-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm moving to Australia in June and I'm a bit confused about what cards I need to work on site in Victoria. I've heard of red, white, green purple cards.....waiting on hearing about a rainbow card next!

If anyone has been in this position and can tell me what I need to get started that'd be great. Also if any civil engineers are working in Australia/Victoria would you recommend looking for a job via the recruitment agencies or trying to approach employers directly?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hi All,

I'm moving to Australia in June and I'm a bit confused about what cards I need to work on site in Victoria. I've heard of red, white, green purple cards.....waiting on hearing about a rainbow card next!

If anyone has been in this position and can tell me what I need to get started that'd be great. Also if any civil engineers are working in Australia/Victoria would you recommend looking for a job via the recruitment agencies or trying to approach employers directly?

Cheers

For Victoria it used to be RED card but there is now mutual recognition between the states.

http://www.cfmeuvic.com.au/training/construction-ohs-induction-card-red-card

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/workplace/training/training/induction/recognition/index.htm

As for looking for work are you on a WHV or other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I managed to get a white card online, saves doing the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

I'm on a 175 skilled migrant visa so hopefully it should be a bit easier to get a decent enough job with no restrictions.

Cheers for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I'm on a 175 skilled migrant visa so hopefully it should be a bit easier to get a decent enough job with no restrictions.

Cheers for the advice.

You're laughing then, Make sure you put on your CV Permanent Resident so it doesn't get chucked in the bin.

Advertisement