Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display Model

Options
  • 30-04-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Ordered a lawnmower and I was guaranteed it would be in last night, it wasent!! They said that I could have the display model for 20% off.

Now if i accept this, does my guarantee ( i.e 2 yrs) still stand? If I get home and it does not work, can they say " it was a display model, we dont accept returns of display" ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Display model, sale prices, discounts, none of these effect your statutory rights. There may be a change to the manufacturer's guarantee, which is in addition to your statutory rights, but these will supersede most guarantees anyway.

You should ask if there's any impact on the guarantee, as it's handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

jor el wrote: »

You should ask if there's any impact on the guarantee, as it's handy to have.

So if it comes with a 2 year guarantee ( printed on box, nothing to do the shop ) could that be affected ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It shouldn't be, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joeymac89

Is it an electrical or petrol lawnmower?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

electric

p.s welcome to Boards :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joeymac89

Well in all honesty a company should not be selling any electrical items that they can no longer vouch for 100%. Does not affect your rights but may cause the retailer some liable issues. Also thanks for the welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dotsyx

No, the standard practice in selling off display models is that your warranty, as the shop sees it, starts on the day of purchase, just like any boxed models.

And as jor el has said, your statutory rights are not affected just because it's a display model.

Advertisement