Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get a call fro this crowd?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I got a call last week from a number with all zeros.
    After 5 secs of silence he asked if he could speak to the owner of the business. I decided to be a bit annoying.
    Me: "What business?"
    Him: "The business you are at"
    Me: "I am standing outside a house at the moment" (which was true)
    - repeat this for a minute before he got off his backside to look up the business name -
    I eventually said that the business owner did not want his web site changed.

I was annoyed at his lack of preparation and the initial 5 sec of silence - presumably there is an automated dialler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I haven't had dealings with them myself but I have heard of them and they're best avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Huskora wrote: »
    If you can prove what company they are and what website they are coming from it can be reported to icann, which will contact them and warn them

What on earth are you talking about?

Why would ICANN care?

ICANN have absolutely NOTHING to do with website design / development!

• Advertisement

Advertisement