Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May Eve...bonfire night in limerick

Options
  • 30-04-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Fadó fadó when I was growing up in Garryowen it was always traditional to light bonfires in Limerick on the last night of April.

Does this custom live on in Limerick? I am in Dublin many years now and see no evidence that it happens up here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well the green near the railway station has had a big mound of furniture and household rubbish growing on it since Monday to be set alight tonight.

No doubt the usual spots along Childers road will have similar mounds of furniture and household rubbish out to be burned. Followed by complaints to the local aurthorities next week to have the charred eyesores removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

A few kids called into my house looking for old furniture or any old rubbish. Didnt have any though. Id say it fun for the young kids that are supervised untill the older cnuts show up drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A few kids called into my house looking for old furniture or any old rubbish. Didnt have any though. Id say it fun for the young kids that are supervised untill the older cnuts their parents show up drinking.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Seen young fellows pulling pallets and rubbish out of the back of tubs and tiles today on my way home, looked like they were destined for a bonfire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

pfft..every night in Limerick is bonfore night! ;):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement