Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New babies

• 30-04-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Hey Every1

Seriously being lacking on posting last while. So how are all the new babies getting on? Elisha is doing great, drinks so much though. Seriously at 2 weeks she was drinking same amount as 3 month old. The phn said its fine as she keeping it all down and her weight gain is healthy. Can't complain as she only has about 6 bottles in the whole day but drinks 5/6oz at each bottle. She's 3 and a half weeks now and she doesn't look like a new born anymore :( She is so alert and strong.

Hope every1 elses babies are doing well! Feels so weird not going into the pregnancy thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Hey Every1

Seriously being lacking on posting last while. So how are all the new babies getting on? Elisha is doing great, drinks so much though. Seriously at 2 weeks she was drinking same amount as 3 month old. The phn said its fine as she keeping it all down and her weight gain is healthy. Can't complain as she only has about 6 bottles in the whole day but drinks 5/6oz at each bottle. She's 3 and a half weeks now and she doesn't look like a new born anymore :( She is so alert and strong.

Hope every1 elses babies are doing well! Feels so weird not going into the pregnancy thread

Robin is 9 weeks tomorrow. he's a cute little guy. Turns out he's in 15th percentile, so he really is a little guy :D
    Still breastfeeding him every 2.5 hours or so during the day.
    He thrown up into his dad's eye last night. He wasn't happy at the time but also thinks it's funny :)
    oh and Robin tries to latch on anything. Went for his dad's nipple :eek: Surprisingly accurate too even though OH was wearing a t-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm finding time going too quickly.. Ben is 4 months next wednesday..:eek: he's a great wee man sleeping all night since he was 12 days old ..:p (bragging:D)
    he's suffering a bit on the bottle though now he just didn't do breastfeeding after 6 weeks i had to wean him to one feed a day and when he stopped that he got very dry skin and started coming out in red patches(probably eczema) and wow the amount of spit up was unbelievable..they think lactose intolerance or milk protien allergy.. waiting for pediatrician appointment...
    so phn advised to go on the comfort food for colic and constipation, it's only half the amount of lactose but because he's not constipated he goes to his neck with every poop..:D and he has to be weighed every 2 weeks to keep an eye on his weight as he has 4 7 oz bottles in a day cos he doesn't feed at night...
    other than that he's an absolute joy.. happy and funny and growling at his sisters:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Saoirse is an absolute little dote. She's is 9 weeks now and literally sleeping through the night, she'll feed at 7.30pm, sleep till 12 and then I'll have to WAKE her for a feed then. Then she'll sleep till nearly 8am each morning. She's drinking 5oz per bottle and feeding every 3-4 hours.

She was 9lb 13oz at 6 weeks, so she put on 3lbs 2oz so far. She's very alert and all smiles :) Her colic issues seem to be eased. Have taken her off both the infacol and the colief. Still on the C&G Comfort though.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My daughter (Saoirse) is 16 weeks tomorrow I cant believe how fast its going. She was 8lb 5 at birth. Shes just over 14lb now. Saoirse got meningitis at 3 weeks old and had a tough battle for a few weeks. Shes doing really well now. She drinks 5 9oz bottles everyday and shes a really happy smiley baby. She really gave Mammy and Daddy a fright at the beginning but thankfully all is going well now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well this confirms it, James is a total savage, 6 7oz bottles a day and I'm going to have to up it as well! He's not even 13 weeks. It's no wonder he was tearing my nips asunder! Pretty much stopped breastfeeding now he had no patience for it this morning at all. The only problem with the bottles is that he's windy again, was like a motor boat in the swimming pool this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Our little angel was 4 weeks old this morning - initially he went down to less than 4 lb before he came home but is heading for 6 lb now. He is drinking 60-70ml every 2-3 hours (am feeding him a mix of premature milk and breast milk) - his daddy is still at home with us but he is back in work on Tuesday...he is such a little character and we still get overwhelmed by the total love that we feel for him, he is wonderful.

I am back up and about but have not been out much yet (though I did get my hair done while his daddy was nextdoor minding him)...we did go out for pizza (with him beside us) and went shopping twice with him, we also took him to IKEA.

(Dad writing here)
    His sleeping at night is worsening a little at the moment- he is awakening every 2 hours for feeding. The amount he is taking at night is a good deal less than during the day (its a push to give him 50ml)- it would be great if he would drink a larger volume, less frequently, and this is our aim- but if we try this at present, he starts to re-enact scenes from The Exorcist......:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Growth spurt. They feed more often during one. Also can be very unsettled for a few nights. Will pattern out.

Can't wait to meet the little guy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Omigod can't believe how fast the time is flying! Rose is now just over 8 weeks. Drinking between 3 - 6 oz's depending on her mood & sleeping 6 - 8 hours a night for the past 2 weeks. I'm really enjoying getting a full nights sleep these days!

When is the next bumps & babies meet going to be? I'm raging I missed the last one (bit too pregnant for the drive:o)

I finally got her Christening organised, have a gorgeous gorgeous outfit for her, not too enthusiastic about trying to find something for myself.
    The sooner I'm pregnant again the better, then I wont have to worry about getting rid of the extra stone or so for another 9 months ;)
    Anyone else feeling broody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Megan will be 4 months on Tuesday! She's just hilarious! Such a happy little soul :)

We've just started weaning her, she loves the sweet potato, carrot and broccoli slop her mammy lovingly prepared for her and then froze in ice cube trays! Also the apple and pear puree is a big hit too!

I have also found out that saying 'Fruit Puree' is really hard! Try it! :D

Its good to hear how everyone's little ones are getting on. Love looking at the pics on facebook!

Omigod can't believe how fast the time is flying! Rose is now just over 8 weeks. Drinking between 3 - 6 oz's depending on her mood & sleeping 6 - 8 hours a night for the past 2 weeks. I'm really enjoying getting a full nights sleep these days!

When is the next bumps & babies meet going to be? I'm raging I missed the last one (bit too pregnant for the drive:o)

I finally got her Christening organised, have a gorgeous gorgeous outfit for her, not too enthusiastic about trying to find something for myself.
    The sooner I'm pregnant again the better, then I wont have to worry about getting rid of the extra stone or so for another 9 months ;)
    Anyone else feeling broody?
    Broody yes, since the moment I saw him, have been provisionally told to wait between 6 months and a year though on medical grounds for me. Shane is a month old today...have not sorted the christening yet, he could use either the gown that my brother and I were christened in or the one from his daddys side...do not want a big day even though we are very proud of him. Am pretty much back to my old weight allready but that was a problem with the pregnancy too in that I could not put on the weight...will miss having his daddy at home on Tuesday, has been nice and my boys have really bonded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

It is great to see the boys have bonded Cathy. That is very important, especially for daddy. I was home from the hospital on the Saturday and Shane was out the door Monday morning first thing! Your Shane was very lucky to get to spend that much time with ye :)

Yes we have a lot of little friends to meet up (and tired and company deprived parents too I might add) And this time Aidan won't be the only little boy there. (not forgetting baby Shane was there in mummys baby of course)

We should find a date that suits and a better location as Debenhams were so rude that day!

The M&S Cafe in Dundrum Town Centre is very mammy and baby friendly! They are always very helpful when I go with Megan. They also do the most fab mocha!

The parking would also be alot cheaper than the 20 euro it cost us that day in the Debenhams cafe! :D

The M&S Cafe in Dundrum Town Centre is very mammy and baby friendly! They are always very helpful when I go with Megan. They also do the most fab mocha!

Sounds like a good location, plenty of parking and handy to get to :)
    The parking would also be alot cheaper than the 20 euro it cost us that day in the Debenhams cafe! :D

Omigod I would've wanted my car valeted & filled with petrol for €20, can't get over them charging that much for parking :eek:

My husband said IKEA but I am not so sure...how will everyone be travelling? M & S cafes are very family friendly (was there yesterday with the little one) so I agree that an M & S cafe is another good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I will definately make this one girls.. i'll be travelling from navan and with any luck my husband will chauffer me so anywhere will be fine with me :D
    Ben is so ticklish when i just wave my fingers he laughs his head off in anticipation!! cute :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I cant believe it was a year ago that i was posting on the pregnancy forum. Caoimhe is over 9 months now, she is crawling all over the house and pulling herself up on tables, the couch, the bed, feckin everywhere :D. She has 5 teeth and has been sleeping in her own room for about a month now. Its so hard to believe how fast the time has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 car crazy

hi girls im new, didnt know boards.ie had a baby & toddler section happy days.

i have an 11wk old baby girl, my first, love her to bits and she is as good as gold (i guess we all say that :) ). she sleeps through the night and has been doing since she was 7wks old thank god, she would sleep sometimes from 9pm until 6am or 7am some mornings, some nites tho id wake her for a feed, she is taking 6ozs and is doing great tg.

car crazy wrote: »
    hi girls im new, didnt know boards.ie had a baby & toddler section happy days.

i have an 11wk old baby girl, my first, love her to bits and she is as good as gold (i guess we all say that :) ). she sleeps through the night and has been doing since she was 7wks old thank god, she would sleep sometimes from 9pm until 6am or 7am some mornings, some nites tho id wake her for a feed, she is taking 6ozs and is doing great tg.

Welcome and Congratulations :)

What is your lil ladys name?

@ crazy cat lady- thank you ;) her name is shauna ...have to say im loving being a mammy, and its lovely hearing other mammy's stories.

Gorgeous name Car Crazy I love Shauna :)
    Are you going to join us for the Baby & Bumps meet tomorrow? Tis in the zoo at 1pm :pac:

That's fantastic that Shauna is feeding and sleeping so well, my little lady (Rose) is 10 weeks old & full of beans!

• Advertisement

Gorgeous name Car Crazy I love Shauna :)
    Are you going to join us for the Baby & Bumps meet tomorrow? Tis in the zoo at 1pm :pac:

That's fantastic that Shauna is feeding and sleeping so well, my little lady (Rose) is 10 weeks old & full of beans!

hi there, thank you ;) i was goin to pick glenn if i was having a boy but i had to find out what i was having (no patience :D) then i got the 3d scan and it was doubley confirmed..

nope not going to the meet 2mrw unfortunately didnt know about it as im new to the site but enjoy girls its lovely meeting new mums :P

rose is a lovely name as well...not many of them about i dont think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Hey its been so long! How are all the babies getting on?

Elisha is on solid now will eat 2 jars and have about 27oz's of milk still so thinking i'll have to give more food. She was 5 months yest. She still not sitting up by herself but keeps trying to crawl when she's on her stomach, so cute can move around the floor but she goes backwards. Still no teeth either but hopefully soon

Baby Shane is just over 5 months too - I really did not have a clue at the begining looking back, it has been a very steep learning curve but also a huge amount of fun. Our son has been incredibly placid but very inquistive so far so has been exactly like we were as young children. We has his christening finally last Saturday, it was so late more because we had to ensure all his godparents could attend and also because my mother in law is very ill so we were sorting it around her, it was a great day. As there is a history of food allergies on my side (we do not know my husband's medical history) we have not given him any solids yet. If I had known that being a mother was so much fun I would have had a football team of children, am happy to be defined as being a mother and a wife. We both love our son.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    If I had known that being a mother was so much fun I would have had a football team of children, am happy to be defined as being a mother and a wife. We both love our son.

That sums it up perfectly for me also! If it wasn't for the whole 9 months of worrying/waiting then the labour bit I'd also be working on the football team!!

Too true about loving to be defined as a mum. I thought it would bother me somehow as I'm very independent in my own right, but I love being defined as 'Roses mum' :)

My young lady isn't doing fantastic on solids, but I also have a lot of food allergies so I'm not rushing it at all, plenty of time yet :)
    She'ss drinking about 30+ ozs of bottle a day & is absolutely thriving!

I would love to have a little brother or sister for her before long but I think it'll be a while yet before that happens.

No sign of teeth as yet, just about perfecting the sitting up by herself and HATES being on her tummy so not making progress with the crawling just yet!

Are there many of ye mammy's back to work yet?

Are there many of ye mammy's back to work yet?
    Am going to take the 16 weeks unpaid leave as well - can not imagine leaving him for 15 minutes let alone longer yet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I took the unpaid and I'll be back November 3rd.

James is currently sick of sitting (he did that for about a month) and propels himself around the play mat rolling over and back in search of things to grab.

He's eating 3 meals, 3 bottles and a few bits of finger food. He's a chubby little lad but his energy levels are through the roof!

Its so good to have a catch up on all the babies!

Megan is thriving! She just turned 8 months and has been crawling for about a month, sitting up since she was 5 months, and is now standing up everywhere and starting to creep around the sofa etc... I'm thinking I'm gonna need those eyes in the back of my head my mum was always going on about :rolleyes:

She has 2 teeth, sharp little feckers they are too! She's been saying 'Mama' for a good while but I don't think she's using it in context (although thats not what I tell people!) She also says 'Ub' when she wants picking up or when she wakes up in the morning, its so cute!

She has 3 meals a day and just 3 7oz bottles, although its a struggle to get them into her. Grown up food = grown up poo's... Nice! She still sleeps thru the night most nights although we had a bad couple of nights when she was getting her teeth.

She's such a little character and a really lovely baby to be around. All the family adore her and she loves her bigger cousins. She's so enquisitive and will not sleep if we are out which can be very frustrating, but she just doesn't want to miss a thing!

I can't remember my life without her, and I certainly couldn't imagine ever being without her now. I'm back to work in 6 weeks so we're hoping to cook up another little bundle before long so I can have more time off :D

Doh, I forgot, he has 3 words - his first was daddy, then he said baby (he has not figured out that Shane is his name yet) and then he said mama (mummy is hard to say)...he has been saying them for quite a while. He seems to be getting into sitting up, just about and sort of crawling...we also want another one sooner rather than later, even more so since we found out that our family is having another really cute baby (one of my sister in law's)...he is also starting to almost clap his hands. Oh, we think that one of his teeth is coming through, he accidentaly bit me today - I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Hey Everyone!
    I've been out of here for what seems like ages! How are all the mammies and babies doing? Baby Harry is almost 9 weeks old born on his due date 07/07. I am hoping he is just as punctual when he is sixteen and has been given his time to be home! He is even more placid than Molly, goes down like a dream at 7, I wake him at 10.30 for a feed and change and then he sleeps till 7 again. We usually tiptoe back to bed for two hours at 8 and Molly wakes us all at 10, so loads of sleep, happy days! He is cooing and grinning, trying to copy any faces we make at him and my husband has had to come to terms that there is a new man in my life that I am even more in love with than him! He's just getting to the lovely little chubby jowls stage now and he's ferociously chatty and laughs in his sleep (What in goodness name does a 9week old baby find funny in their sleep?!). He's really very tall and we have to put him into his cot tomorrow because he has already outgrown the moses basket. Shame, because one of us usually sleeps with a hand in the moses basket ready to tap the dodie back in if requested in the night! That won't be so easy with the cot!

Thats him. I'm delerious. I can't wait to have another. Molly worships him and is potty training happily at the moment. I keep her home alot because I am enjoying her so much lately too and I want her to have as much of my time as I can while I'm off work. Occasionally she gets sick of the sight of me and misses her little friends at creche and begs me to let her go (especially if it's library day or park day). I'm back to work a few days before Christmas, but Im self employed and have staff so I do a few hours every week anyway, on wages, paperwork etc. I'd have 10 more if I hadn't been so stupid as to wait to my late 30s....and hopefully the next one will be as easy a delivery (GAS AND AIR>>>> wowee! BEST night out I had in the last 3 years!). Hugs to ye all....xxx:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Aww I love hearing how everyones babys are doing.

Well Saoirse will be 8 months on Thursday.

She has had meningitis and now she had Developmental Hip Dysplasia. She has to spend more time in hospital in Traction, having an op then getting a body cast.

She has no teeth yet, she cant sit up by herseld but I presume that comes from her hip. She can roll but i'm not supposed to let her do that now.

She is really happy and is always smiling. She can say baba, dada and something that sounds like oh goody god. :)

She lights up my life. I feel sorry for her because she has been through so much. She still keeps smiling though.

Heres a pic of her

Advertisement