Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New babies

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

lolli wrote: »
    She lights up my life. I feel sorry for her because she has been through so much. She still keeps smiling though.

Aren't babies great? They just take everything in their stride, whereas you've probably been worried sick. They don't know any better I suppose.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

deemark wrote: »
    Aren't babies great? They just take everything in their stride, whereas you've probably been worried sick. They don't know any better I suppose.:)

Yes, you are right, I could do with taking a leaf out of her book. Shes so laid back. I think she gets that from her Dad though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My wee buck (Cathal) is 14 weeks now. He's such craic, the giggling cracks me up and we sound like a pair of eejits:D He's getting really sturdy, sits up on my knee with my hand barely touching him for support. He's gooing away and thinks he's talking! He's drooling for Ireland but no teeth yet.

Was at the PHN the other day and she was onto me about giving him the spoon, despite the fact that the HSE booklet she gave me said that breastfed babies shouldn't until 6 months:rolleyes: He's a really efficient feeder and I've got the hang of doing in public, so I feel I can go anywhere. He goes down at 8:30 and sleeps until 7 and if I take him into the bed and feed him, he'll go back to sleep until 9, so getting plenty of shut-eye (fingers crossed it doesn't change).

The only downside is that the poor creatur is still getting bad wind, which makes him very cranky. I hope it goes away soon, so hard to listen to him whinging or crying in pain:(. I keep looking forward to the next milestone, but at the same time I don't want him to grow up:confused:

Great to hear everyone's stories, this board has been such a help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Deemark I'm the same, I can't wait for Rose to reach each milestone, but at the same time I don't want to be wishing these precious few months away!!

Cathy that's amazing that Shane is getting words out already!

Cbyrd & Das Kitty - I can't believe both your little people have teeth already! Rose seems to be constantly teething but she's still a little gummy bear!
    We discovered 'bickiepegs' today & they seem to be going down very well!

Lolli you poor thing, sounds like you've had a tough few months :( I'm so glad your little trooper is pulling through & thriving by the sounds of it!
    Rose had a rash + temperature a few weeks ago that I thought was meningitis, cue mental dash to GP's where thankfully it was just a viral rash.

It must have been terrifying when Saoirse was diagnosed with it & then to need the traction too :(
    She's absolutely gorgeous, what beautiful eyes she has x

I'm loving catching up with how everyone is getting on!

Target widow I'm very jealous, they obviously gave me that crap gas & air, mine just made me dizzy :D

Also so jealous at all of ye being able to take parental leave, unfortunately it just wasn't financially possible for me to take unpaid leave though I would have given anything to!
    I started back to work on a 3 day week and my last 3 day week is next week, really not looking forward to doing the 5 day week, so may try take parental leave then 2 days a week for a few weeks just to prolong the extra time with the little lady :)
    Thankfully she loves her minder in nursery & she settled really well from day one so it made it all the more bearable for me.
    That said, I'm returning to college part time to study childcare so that please God if we are able to have another baby I will be qualified. The plan (if all goes well) would then be to either mind children in my home or else seek a nursery job where I could have Rose + her brother/sister there with me.
    Here's hoping the hard work will pay off & it will go according to plan ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Cathy I can't believe shane is saying mama,dada and baba. Elisha spends all day singing and has started to say baba sometimes but its like the way a lamb would baaaabaaaa so funny. Its mad when she sits on my lap her back posture is very straight but when I put her on the floor she just goes down to suck her toes.

I tried attach a picture but not sure if I did it right.

caprilicious i was thinking of doing a course in childcare too just so I'd be better mother as such but got a part time job so putting that plan on hold for time being.

lolli your little girl is gorg!

Its mad how babies learn so much feel like every day they can do bit more

DSCF1415.jpg

• Advertisement

Lolli you poor thing, sounds like you've had a tough few months :( I'm so glad your little trooper is pulling through & thriving by the sounds of it!
    Rose had a rash + temperature a few weeks ago that I thought was meningitis, cue mental dash to GP's where thankfully it was just a viral rash.

It must have been terrifying when Saoirse was diagnosed with it & then to need the traction too :(
    She's absolutely gorgeous, what beautiful eyes she has x

Thank you, yeah she has big blue eyes :)

Saoirse didnt get a rash when she got meningitis. She turned kinda blotchy looking at couple of days into her hospital stay. Thankfully Rose didnt get it. Its very scary. Saoirses temp went up and she wouldnt take her bottle and she kept scrunching up her face like she had a headache. The symptoms really arent obvious. We initially thought that she had a pain in her belly or something. I almost died in the hospital when they said they were doing a lumbar puncture on her cos I knew then they thought it was meningitis. First thing I got done was a lumbar puncture. Saoirse had 3. Its been stressful. When I look at her smiling it makes it so much easier :)

I had bacterial meningitis when I was 12 and I can remember it like yesterday so I was soooooo shocked when Saoirse got it. We had different types but whats the chances like.

Bulmersgal.... Your baby is beautiful! xxx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was on my phone last time so here's a picture of James last weekend and my poor pestered dog in the background looking sheepish!

DSC08084.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Loving the baby piccies!! :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I was on my phone last time so here's a picture of James last weekend and my poor pestered dog in the background looking sheepish!

DSC08084.jpg

Gorgeous :D

OMG das kitty James is such a gorgeous gorgeous little boy!!! Your poor doggie does look very sheepish :D do they share sophie giraffe? :D

Here's my smiley baba :)

Lolli you poor thing, I've heard the lumbar puncture is terribly painful. Thank God she's too young to remember it x

• Advertisement

Here's my smiley baba :)

Aww such a cheeky little smile. I bet that smile brightens your day everyday :)

Hey

How is every1 babies doing? Can't believe it been so long!

Elisha is 1 in 12 days cannot wait. She just started walking properly this week so proud. Can say Eya thats all, will happily just point stuff out or scream. She very chatty but doesn't say any words just baby talk. She's been so focus on walking that it feels like she's forgotten a lot of stuff like waving or how to say baba and dada, still no sign of mama which is depressing but sure what can you do besides say it 100 times a day and hope for best.

Hi Bulmersgal, wow that year has flown, hasn't it?!
    That's amazing that she's walking already!

Rose was 1 3 weeks ago, not walking but flying around at the crawling & full of chat & cheekiness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Well I don't have a baby any more... I have a little madam!

Megan was 1 in January and there is no stopping her. She's now at the stage where she will only feed herself so there is food on the floor, on the walls, in Megans hair, in my hair... everywhere but Megans belleh! Every single thing we own is branded with a sticky hand print :D

Ah well, all part of the joys :D

Thanks caprilicious she's been cruising for months so surprise it taken this long but that seem to her same with crawling she was trying from 4 months but only master it at 8. She's full of cheekiness herself will look over at you before she does something she not suppose to. She was eating little bun cake yesterday and offered some to dog and he came over just about to eat it and she shut her palm and went haha.

CCL oh god i'm dreading Elisha trying to feed herself she'll take a spoon and dip it in and spread it everywhere, or during meal if she gets bored she put her hand in mouth and take stuff out and feed herself. The dirt of her at times, especially with finger food. But sure its all part of the fun.

Really has been quickest year of my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Great to hear all the babies are doing good!

My Saoirse is 1 since the 24th of Feb and is still bald, only two teeth and today she climbed to the top of the stairs (with her daddy following closely behind but she done it all by herself!), time to put the gate back up, Addison has been using the stairs since she was about 18 months so we took it down.

She's not really talking yet, babbling, waving, crawling and coasting the furniture and took some steps on Sunday. She's a skinny and tall little thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Our son is heading towards 1 very soon, he started in the creche in the begining of this month, it was harder for me than for him as he considers it to be playing with his friends...planning his birthday, no doubt frogs will feature! He is a really giggly curious child who loves hugs - we love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Hi everyone, has been a while since I visited here :)
    Robin is 1yr 1 month in 2 days and is mostly a happy little fellow. He crawls and cruises at lightning speed, is mad about blueberries (he eats with his hands really well. Bought him a cutlery set for his birthday so we'll see how e gets on!). He still breastfeeds - it got so easy and it is an invaluable parenting tool, never would have thought that!
    No talking yet, but a lot of really funny babbling and noises. :-) He's also very strong - throws a large pot across the room no bother!
    Oh, and 4 teeth so far :):D

CathyMoran wrote: »
    ..planning his birthday, no doubt frogs will feature!

Saoirse loves frogs :D So I made her Froggie buns for her first birthday

ah all the photo's are gorg, can't believe how grow up they all are. They'll be going to school before we know it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

lolli wrote: »
    Saoirse loves frogs :D So I made her Froggie buns for her first birthday

I'm sorry lolli, they are soooo good, I'm going to copy them for my god-daughter's birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hi all,
    I am still lurking here on occasion too. The forus is such a great source of info, I really find it invaluable and really don't know what I would have done without it throughout the pregnancy and to-date.
    Clara turns the year make in just under a fortnight. Still not sure what we are going to do for it, but we'll do something different with her to mark the occasion. She had her first steps about a fortnight ago, but is like lightening when she's crawling, and can walk anywhere she has something to hold onto. She's incredibly strong! Full of chat, which I am sure makes complete sense, if only we could understand.
    The house is a different plact to what it used to be, but its all good, and I am loving being a mum.
    Very busy as I am back to work full time, but I guess we gotta eat!
    Would love to post a pic, but she simply won't stay still long enough to snap her!
    Delighted all the babies are doing soo well!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm sorry lolli, they are soooo good, I'm going to copy them for my god-daughter's birthday.

Have to agree, they're fantastic, so inventive! (and look yum too :) )

Advertisement