Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying new camcorder - Recommendations needed!

Options
  • 30-04-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hola all!

I'm off to Australia at the end of July, and i'm looking to pick up a camcorder! Setting up a youtube site and going to stick up a weekly video of what we get up to for our friends and family at home to see!

Anyways, I was considering buying a camera and a camcorder, but now i've decided to go for a camcorder that has a still picture feature too! Only thing is, most camcorders only have a 2-4megapixel still photo which I do not want!

Here's what i'm looking for in the camcorder:

- HD preferably, just for scenery and stuff!
    - More pushed towards a hard disk camcorder, but SD will do too!
    - Decent zoom (40x+ if standard, 10x+ if HD)
    - 6/7megapixel still photos
    - Price: Not really a massive issue! I'll always pay more if i'm getting more from it, but I don't wanna go too far above the 300 mark! Obviously the cheaper the better, but don't go posting cheap Lidl/Aldi camcorders as recommendations!

Other specs I can't really think of right now, but they're the jist of it! Hopefully some of you tech heads will be able to help me out!

Cheers!

Advertisement