Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Literary Genre and Cultural Context?

Options
  • 30-04-2010 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I've searched the forum and found nothing really concrete about the comparative.

I'm studying Wuthering Heights, Billy Eliott and Sive as the three text. And my question is how do I go about answering these CC and LG questions? Have any of you guys any notes or suggestion on what way I should go about answering the questins?

Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RedRebel92

Cultural Context is the world of the texts - is it poor?? what role does religion, education play?? how are women treated?? stuff like that

Literary Genre is how the text is told - chapters, scenes, acts, dialouge, dialect, stage directions, props, costumes, descriptive passages etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ricadoo

thanks a lot for the help redrebel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Its generally assumed that cultural context aint coming up this year. so you might wanna think about doing V+V

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nadbags

Crow92 wrote: »
    Its generally assumed that cultural context aint coming up this year. so you might wanna think about doing V+V

Dang, are you sure? Cultural context is my best one! Well i think its the easiest anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

nadbags wrote: »
    Dang, are you sure? Cultural context is my best one! Well i think its the easiest anyway...

Well you never know, anythings possible but yes, people have been saying its likely not to come up, probably because it usually does....and is easy :P But sure study it anyways, everything is just second guessing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

CC is definitely easiest but from what I heard, most schools are focusing on GVV and LG. ;)

Advertisement