Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

titantic exhibition citywest:any good?

Options
  • 30-04-2010 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Has anyone gone to see that Titanic exhibition out in city west?
    I'm thinking about going to see it and wondering if it's any good????
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

If you are a fan of the Titanic you will thoroughly enjoy it. I did!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055821119

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tily

Cool thanks, I think it's worth a visit!!

Theres always a few touring the world at any given time so we are really lucky to have it in Dublin at the moment. to be honest it's just as expensive to visit the one in NewYork. i went on a weekday in feb and had the whole exhibition to myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Thought it was interesting if a little pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tily

Thanks guys, ya it is, I was looking up prices, and i'll be bringing the family so it's a bit pricey, but prob worth a visit all the same, I think it's only there till June.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I enjoyed it - particularly smelling the perfume samples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

how much are the tickets for this i seen one place saying €30 and another saying €18...:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I paid €18.00. It's €14.00 for over 65s.
    I don't know what it is for kids, but I'm sure there's probably a family ticket available.

It's worth getting the audio tour as it gives a lot more information on the pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

spurious wrote: »
    I paid €18.00. It's €14.00 for over 65s.
    I don't know what it is for kids, but I'm sure there's probably a family ticket available.

It's worth getting the audio tour as it gives a lot more information on the pieces.

€18 is perfect the site saying 30 must be from way back when it first arrived or something :cool:

potsy86 wrote: »
    €18 is perfect the site saying 30 must be from way back when it first arrived or something :cool:

I think the €30 was for a special commemoration event, which took place at the exhibition on the 14th of April,the date "The Titanic" struck the iceberg!

I also got the audio guide which came in pretty useful :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm heading down tomorrow with my Father, really looking forward to it.. cheers :D

Advertisement