Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Irish Bank becoming cashless

Options
  • 30-04-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard how people are going to deposit cash into their a/c with national irish once they stop dealing in cash on 17th May?

I've been a customer of theirs for 8 years and I've never had any problems. Have been happy to stay with them, they are local to me and the swords branch gives free parking (which is like golddust in swords!). But no matter who I enquire to, I can't get an answer as to how they are going to handle cash deposits. I deposit cash weekly and I am now reluctantly considering moving to a different bank. All I heard is they are in talks with a "third party" to handle the cash. I've never heard of a bank that doesn't handle cash before, though I imagine many others will eventually move this direction :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

First Active (now no more - what does that tell you about cashless banks!) stopped dealing in cash several years back and the simple answer was you couldnt lodge or withdraw cash. The only transactions that could be done were cashless, i.e. you could lodge or withdraw a cheque, you could bank online or you could get your salary paid in but you could not physically lodge or withdraw cash in any branch. You could get cash from your account through an ATM only, couldnt lodge that way. I imagine National Irish intends going the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Elessar wrote: »
    Has anyone heard how people are going to deposit cash into their a/c with national irish once they stop dealing in cash on 17th May?

I've been a customer of theirs for 8 years and I've never had any problems. Have been happy to stay with them, they are local to me and the swords branch gives free parking (which is like golddust in swords!). But no matter who I enquire to, I can't get an answer as to how they are going to handle cash deposits. I deposit cash weekly and I am now reluctantly considering moving to a different bank. All I heard is they are in talks with a "third party" to handle the cash. I've never heard of a bank that doesn't handle cash before, though I imagine many others will eventually move this direction :mad:

All you need is the following.....

- Your account lodgement book
    - a wad of cash

You should be able to walk into any bank that accepts cash and lodge same. The key is that you must use a lodgment book as the system should be able to read the electonic digits on same.

Advertisement