Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How to cancel XBL account

• 30-04-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to stop my account from automatically renewing?

I've look every where on their website but typical Microsoft, it's impossible to find anything that involves them not taking money off you.

Thanks

It's ok , I just found it. Thanks to anyone who looked!

Scratch that, I found it but it won't let me cancel. The website just sends you round in circles. I now have 7 windows open (hmmm
    windows 7, nice one Microsoft, subliminal suggestive advertising) and it just brought me all the way back to the start!
    And along the way tried to use emotional blackmail to get me to stay by telling me all my friends were going to miss me!

Does anyone know how to do this or do I have to ring the b@stards!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

How about telling us just in case someone else is looking, i hate their website and trying to navigate it makes me come to Boards:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

artielange wrote: »
    How about telling us just in case someone else is looking, i hate their website and trying to navigate it makes me come to Boards:)

See my frustrated edit above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

You haven't been the first one, hope this helps.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055082611

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

artielange wrote: »
    You haven't been the first one, hope this helps.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055082611

Fair play to you.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Only way to stop it from automatically renewing is to ring them! They even offered be 500 points not to cancel, they'll try any thing to keep you on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Only way to stop it from automatically renewing is to ring them! They even offered be 500 points not to cancel, they'll try any thing to keep you on it!

hmmm, i need a few points actually..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

3 Month Pre-Paid XBL Card is the way to go - I think its safe to say that noone plays the xbox enough to have it constantly renewed every month. Most players go through times of playing and times of just letting it gather dust while you go outside and stuff.

Advertisement