Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to Know if hard drive is dead

• 30-04-2010 5:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35

Im just wondering if someone with better knowlege than me could tell me if my hard drive is dead its not recognised in windows/ubuntu and not recognised in bios. I think its dead but just need someone to confirm or if it can be fixed let me know thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Is it spinning-up? Is it spinning-up but making clicking noises? Does it get warm when powered for a few minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,236 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you can remove the drive, take it to a shop, they typically have diagnostic tools on hand to read error codes on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

How old is your bios, what version is it and what type of hard drive is it (make and model)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

OPEN the case , boot up pc,gently place 2 fingers on the hd top,not pcb side.You should feel slight vibration as it spins up.Make sure ide,or sata cable is plugged in to drive.IS the power cable plugged in to the drive .GO TO bios, set autodetect all hard drives.TRY using another data cable to connect it to the motherboard.SET bios fastboot off.

Advertisement