Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's got some travel knowledge??

Options
  • 30-04-2010 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Looking for some visa advice from past travellers!!

I'm planning on travelling through australia for a few months, then go onto NZ to work a ski season, and then return to aus to work for a year.

Do I need to get a tourist visa for australia, a working visa for NZ, AND another working visa for australia?

How much do these cost and is there a better option for me??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

regmcd wrote: »
    Looking for some visa advice from past travellers!!

I'm planning on travelling through australia for a few months, then go onto NZ to work a ski season, and then return to aus to work for a year.

Do I need to get a tourist visa for australia, a working visa for NZ, AND another working visa for australia?

Yes. Australia and NZ are different countries. They cost about €150 each and no, there's no other option, assuming you're Irish. Oh, and landing in Australia with an Australian WHV in the system will automatically activate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Probably best to Apply for the NZ WHV visa first and travel to Aus on a 3 month tourist visa, dont apply for the Aus WHV until you are actually in NZ and are ready to go to Australia for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

you've to apply online for the tourist visa, will get link now, its free http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/
    As Mandrake04 says do not apply for your WHV for Australia until your in NZ otherwise it will be activated on your stop in Australia on the way and will only be active for 12months from 1st entry

Advertisement