Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was the worst that was ever said to you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Jeez this thread is depressing.. its been a bad enough day so i didnt read past the first page.. some seriously nasty f.ucks out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I love you but im not IN love with you! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

"Nobody will ever love you like I do... because nobody else would put up with your bullsh1t."

From a now ex-boyfriend. Funnily enough, I do believe the guy I'm with now loves me more than my ex ever did, and he treats me like a princess. In your face, mean ex! :P

Also, girls down through the years have been fairly cutting- I was called a freak for being quiet and liking certain music... though as you grow up and spend more time with people on your wavelength, you realise people who say this stuff are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭mojesius

"You'd be the last person I'd ever to go for advice". In fairness, he just came off these pills for 'social anxiety'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭mojesius

Giselle wrote: »
    'You're the type who'll be dead for six months before anyone misses you'

That's really, really nasty. I'd cut that person out of my life straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Oh there are some really horrible stories on here :( There are people out there who are so tormented and bitter themselves that the only way they can feel the smallest bit better about themselves is to put others down. Then there are some genuinely nasty, bad people who say and so these things for no good reason.

Feck the lot of 'em, you don't need people who make you feel bad about yourself in your life at all at all.

Easier said than done but pass no remarks on what they say, what matters is how you feel about yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tweety_bird

" I love you but I cant date you"...

spoken by an ex with serious commitment issues, still boggles my mind to this day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Wibbs wrote: »
    Defo worse. Same thing was said to a mate of mine. After near enough the same length of time his fiance dumped him 6 months before the wedding with pretty much the same line. She called around to me soon after(as we had been mates first) and told me "I dont think I ever loved him, I was just going through the motions. Ive met someone new I love more(two days previously BTW) I can't understand why he's so upset, as I was just being honest". She also informed him of the new guy too. She had no clue. So I went through the motions and asked her to leave and not contact me again and she started crying and couldnt fathom why I didnt want to know. Some people are just dicks unfortunately. *shrug*

This is why I like you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Jules wrote: »
    Was told once i should kill myself in a way that would make me end up in little pieces so it would be easier for me to be carried. I have been called a number of degrading things, but with the above statement the other worst thing that was said to me was after i had confided in someone very closed to me that i had been attacked a few years before. I was informed i was damaged goods and that no one would ever want me.

....that is without a shadow of a doubt the worst thing I have ever read. I'm speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Would have to be the night of my 21st party, my sister who had just poured a bottle of drink over my head in front of all the part go-ers said that she wished my suicide attempt two years before had been sucessful, so she wouldn't have to put up with my 'unnecessary drama' anymore. I had been diagnosed with depression two years previously after an abusive relationship. Worst part was very few of my friends knew about what had happened two years previous but she blurted it out leaving everyone shocked. I'll never forget that night as long as I live and she'll never be part of my life again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Reincarbonated

bubbaloo wrote: »
    A "friend" in school (20 years ago) said to me "you're really ugly when you smile". I still cover my mouth when I smile or laugh because I'm so self-conscious of it.
    Cheers Mate!!
    I can totally relate!!
    When I was about 7 my granny told me I had a really ugly smile, and that I should try and fix it. When I smile you can see my gums, and the pulled up her upper lip so that you could see all her top gums and did an impression of me. I didn't smile for about two weeks after! And still always think about it when photos are being taken

When I was in secondary school a teacher mocked me in front of our whole year. She used to always make comments about me in class like "are you with us at all?" "is she always like this?(aimed at my friends)". In basically every class. But one day at a fire drill, where a group of us had made a mistake about where to go, she was just like "and Claire was there *mocks me by shrugging my shoulders* stupid as ever"

I'm exceptionally timid and meek, and I always find that people are more likely to say things like that if they know you won't say anything back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Andrew33 wrote: »
    A homeless person told me I should eat more! (I'm thin:D), in fact I'm so thin that when I went for an X-Ray last week the doctor told me to just stand in front of the window! Bloody cheek.

Lol sounds like a real life Dr Gregory House!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

My brother always tells me i am really pretty but would look nicer if i lost weight. his wife always said the same.... ****ers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

MJOR wrote: »
    My brother always tells me i am really pretty but would look nicer if i lost weight. his wife always said the same.... ****ers

are you heavy ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

sesna wrote: »
    are you heavy ???

well done.... way to make a girl feel good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

When I was in secondary school a teacher mocked me in front of our whole year. She used to always make comments about me in class like "are you with us at all?" "is she always like this?(aimed at my friends)". In basically every class. But one day at a fire drill, where a group of us had made a mistake about where to go, she was just like "and Claire was there *mocks me by shrugging my shoulders* stupid as ever"

I'm exceptionally timid and meek, and I always find that people are more likely to say things like that if they know you won't say anything back!
    It's always the crap teachers who can't control their pupils who need to pick on one student to improve their standing with the rest of the class.

It's really pathetic when a grown adult uses the same techniques that the kids their teaching use.

SarahMs wrote: »
    well done.... way to make a girl feel good

Ah I see, now its my fault when someone turns into a muffin top.

its your fault for not having manners...... more polite ways ya coulda put it.

and you don't know she is muffin top. talk about making a statment, wha?!

SarahMs wrote: »
    its your fault for not having manners......

Thats the worst thing anyone has ever said to me

• Advertisement

tissues are buy one get on free in supervalue at the moment.... pick up 2 of the same brand tho...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sesna banned for 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Jeez i just logged back in there.... Boo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Obaraten wrote: »
    Im adopted and an ex with alot of venom and malice said i know why that whore tossed u away,to help her with her drug habityoure only a mistake anyway
    nice eh?

That's the trouble with love. When you really love some-one you tell them the most intimate things about yourself. If the break up is bad, and the love turns to hate, they and they alone will know exactly what will wound you the most.

As my mam said (divorced), "There's no hatred like love turned to hate"

P.S That is truly awful and I'm so sorry you had to hear that....much love x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

A gem from my first ever boyfriend when I confided in him about being assaulted a few years previously "Well, you can't ever leave me now, sure who would have you knowing that?"

A year later from the same guy (yes I was a tool and stayed cos I had no confidence) "I can see now from the way I feel about Lisa that I never really loved you." Lisa was the girl he was cheating on me with towards the end of the relationship. Meh, they're married and have kids now so I don't feel too bad about what happened. I think it would have hurt more if it had just been a fling.

My sister has also provided a few stellar comments over the years:

Sister is looking over pictures of a night out:
    "OH MY GOD! I have a huge double chin in that one. I look like you there.."
    When I responded with something along the lines of "I'm sick of your comments about my weight" I got in response, "Well then why don't you do something about it then". Made all the more hurtful because I *was* doing something about it and had lost over a stone in the 4 weeks previous.

Sister bitching about a girl she worked with:
    "Ugh she's such a bitch, and she's really, really fat. I mean she's even bigger than you!!" (This girl was not fat at all)

Other sister getting annoyed with me for trying to get her to come home after a night out, and trying to get her away from a guy I knew to be a complete prick that was trying it on with her:
    "You know what Stephanie, you're a horrible person."

Woman in work I had never spoken to before commenting on how cold it was in the staff library:
    "Oh but I suppose *you* don't feel the cold" looking me up and down while she said it.

Guy in work ranting about Gerry Ryan:
    "Ugh I hate him, he's a prick *and* he's fat" he then turned to me and said "No offence"
    I wouldn't mind but this guy is not exactly small himself.

My mother:
    "You're the worst one".
    That one made me laugh. Never got in much trouble as a child, have a stable relationship, have lived with the other half for over 3 years, good education, never need money from them. Not exactly the case with the other two.

Its funny how these things stay with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Christ, these stories are just horrible :mad: And you know, if it was coming from strangers, the insults would be so much easier to brush off ... the idea that someone so close to you, your family members or partners could say such awful things ... :mad: It's just really sad and nasty. The problem is entirely with them. Sad, horrible people. Obviously unable to deal with their own issues and insecurities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I sucked my thumb when I was young which lead to me having prominent eye teeth. So when I pissed him off my older brother would refer to me as "DogFace".

Lucky for him I don't hold grudges. He apologised about twenty years later.

Not funny then but I can laugh ot it now.

Reading all these other stories I can't help but feel there are always two sides to any story. There is a whole lot of bitter out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mssin80

in work one day,a client looked at my stomach and said "oh,when are u due ur baby?!"
    i wasnt pregnant:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 amanda_W

My brother was doing a photo shoot for college and he asked my Mam and my little sister to pose for him. Jokingly when the photos came back I said to him, so why wasnt I invited to take part in this photo shoot and he turned around and said to me "your dont look good in photos" and "your not very photogenic"

Hurt like hell!

Advertisement