Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was the worst that was ever said to you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

One of mine was a few years ago at my ex's parents house, was going through a bit of a tubby phase and we were sitting around the dinner table (me, the ex, his bro and his french skinny girlfriend, his sister, mum and dad) and out of nowhere his dad looked at me and said 'you know you'd be quite good looking if you just lost some weight' :eek: The poor french girl was so horrified. We all got a laugh out of it though.

Had a fight with the boyf a few years back, I called him a paedo really loudly (in the middle of Prague on a really busy sunny day) and he said 'this is why no one likes you'. Nice!

mssin80 wrote: »
    in work one day,a client looked at my stomach and said "oh,when are u due ur baby?!"
    i wasnt pregnant:mad:

Oh my boyf did this by accident to someone a few years ago and he feels so guilty to this day!

When I was about 8 before my mum went through her menopause she used to go proper psycho every month. Once she said 'I don't even know why I bother loving you' :( That one'll stick with me to the day I die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    One of mine was a few years ago at my ex's parents house, was going through a bit of a tubby phase and we were sitting around the dinner table (me, the ex, his bro and his french skinny girlfriend, his sister, mum and dad) and out of nowhere his dad looked at me and said 'you know you'd be quite good looking if you just lost some weight' :eek: The poor french girl was so horrified. We all got a laugh out of it though.

Had a fight with the boyf a few years back, I called him a paedo really loudly (in the middle of Prague on a really busy sunny day) and he said 'this is why no one likes you'. Nice!
    That was so rude Sapsorrow especially in front of your boyfriend's family.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

men can be prciks and women can be bitches. such is life im afraid

Ya it was but I should probably have mentioned his dad is very senile and not really with it mentally any more that's why we just laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

was told when I was a teenager that my legs were like 2 cod fillets

was told when I was a teenager that my legs were like 2 cod fillets

LMAO of that! My boyf has been calling me donkey knees because I didn't bother shaving my legs much there over the winter! :D Hey I'm blonde we can get away with these things a bit more :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

A guy I fancied when I was a teenager said "It's not halloween yet you can take off your ugly mask". That stung!
    My mother said "I've never loved you like I do the others". We don't talk any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

ilovesleep wrote: »
    What was the worst thing somebody ever said to you?

i swear to god in the name of all thats holy i will never speak to her again. she doesnt deserve the air she breathes.

fair enough, I'm not you, i wasn't there, I don't know the whole story etc. but jeez, that's a really strong thing to say. I hope your relationship doesn't deteriorate to this level. Hope BOTH of you resolve it at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Jeeeeeeeeeezus this thread is grim... Makes me really sad in parts. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Dudess wrote: »
    Jeeeeeeeeeezus this thread is grim... Makes me really sad in parts. :(

Same here :( I can't believe some of the things that have been said to people. I must be lucky, nothing overly bad sticks out for me. If some of the things here were said to me I'd have throttled the person though! I'm sorry that a lot of the comments have stuck with some of you for so long. People can be very cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TeeHeeHee

I remember when I was about 15 a lad my best friend knew asked her to set him up with one of her friends, so she brought me up to meet him. He looked at me and turns to her and says, I meant someone good looking and walked off! Haha how mean.
    It's alright now though, cause he's an ugly mess these days and I'm quite the looker, if I do say so myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭bored and fussy

i was very very hurt by someone, but it was not anything she/he said it was the complete opposite, they completely ignored a very traumatic event in my life and just carried on.

You say it best when you say nothing at all IS SO NOT TRUE.

Same here Clare - a few things have been said to me that stung, but never anything like the evilness on this thread. They still hurt though... so I'd imagine the stuff on this thread must have utterly devastated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

When i was younger, my older sister and i didn't get on and she told me that i was the reason they found what could be cancerous cells in my mams test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 2kool4skool

I wonder if this thread is cathartic. Does it help to express these hurtful comments or just bring back painful memories. Have any of the guilty parties spotted them, recognised you and apologised? People say really stupid and hurtful things either carelessly or in the heat of an argument and are frequently too proud to apologise (Others are however just plain nasty people who don't deserve your time or attention. To all of you I say well done for coming out and expressing them and I do hope it helps to let you forget about them and get on with your life in your own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

My mother called me a poster child for birth control once.

Jinxi wrote: »
    I sucked my thumb when I was young which lead to me having prominent eye teeth. So when I pissed him off my older brother would refer to me as "DogFace".

Lucky for him I don't hold grudges. He apologised about twenty years later.

Not funny then but I can laugh ot it now.

Reading all these other stories I can't help but feel there are always two sides to any story. There is a whole lot of bitter out there!
    Well maybe there are two sides to these stories, but maybe there aren't? Are there two sides to yours? Even if there are, in these cases, I don't think anything justifies some of the cruelty described here. And if your "bitter" comment refers to the people simply recounting their experiences here, well that comes across as a bit unfair IMO, especially when the incidents are mostly being described in a fairly calm fashion. It's not necessarily bitterness to be unable to let go of such horrible stuff.
    Seems some people are just bad - and capable of badness without much provocation...
    you know, if it was coming from strangers, the insults would be so much easier to brush off ... the idea that someone so close to you, your family members or partners could say such awful things ... :mad:
    So true. I work in a job where some real clangers have been delivered to me by members of the public, but it just rolls off. A lesser comment from a partner/friend/relative would affect me far more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Shazzy

the worst thing that was every sed to me would be
    i was in a near 2 year relationship and my ex boyfriend but boyfrined at the time told me he doesnt want kids.
    i was so heart broken :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

skywards wrote: »
    My mother called me a poster child for birth control once.

When I was fourteen my mother used to threaten to take me down to the local priest and have me exorcised. I don't hold it against her though and can well understand it especially now I have a fifteen year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Was putting on make up one evening in the car of a guy i was seeing before heading out, he simply said

"Don't know why you're bothering with that, who the f**k would want to look at you anyway pancakes"

pancakes was his little "nickname" for me, because i had the "tiniest tits he'd ever seen"...im a 32C:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Was putting on make up one evening in the car of a guy i was seeing before heading out, he simply said

"Don't know why you're bothering with that, who the f**k would want to look at you anyway pancakes"

pancakes was his little "nickname" for me, because i had the "tiniest tits he'd ever seen"...im a 32C:rolleyes:

:eek:That's horrible, Purple Lemons! What a moron. I am a B cup, I guess I would positively repulse yer one - thankfully! :D

Like for others here, all the worst things that were ever said to me were by family and also by an ex. I don't want to write them down, they were very hurtful and they feel very private.

There is a silver lining there, though: I don't think anyone will ever be able to hurt me like that again. It is like getting a vaccine or something. You know what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

When I was fourteen my mother used to threaten to take me down to the local priest and have me exorcised.

I'm 20 years old and my mother is still trying to blackmail/threaten me into going to church :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kanedaly60

Mine are mainly from my family too.

Once a relative was saying that I look like Kiera Knightly, when my Dad lent in and said 'No she doesn't, she's far too fat'. He knows I'm quite sensitive about my weight and at the time I was a size 10.

Seems rather trivial written down, but after a childhood of jibes about being slightly chubby I've gone a bit sensitive I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Socks Pistol

"You were a mistake." (Nice thing to say to a 6 year old, thanks gran) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

when me and my brother were younger, our mother was trying to make us clean something and we kept saying we didn't think it needed it etc. she said:
    "I'll just have to accept I didn't get the children I wanted." - I know now she was just frustrated, it was a difficult time for us. But as a 14yr old it hurt.

When I started secondary school I was very skinnny (still am kinda!). Loads of the girls called my anorexic etc. but the most hurtful was one girl, she was coming up the stairs behind me one day and she giggled. I asked her what was funny as she just said:
    "You know, you're so skinny sometime looking at you makes me want to vomit."

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Socks Pistol

illiop wrote: »
    when me and my brother were younger, our mother was trying to make us clean something and we kept saying we didn't think it needed it etc. she said:
    "I'll just have to accept I didn't get the children I wanted." - I know now she was just frustrated, it was a difficult time for us. But as a 14yr old it hurt.

Jeez, thats harsh though :(

When I started secondary school I was very skinnny (still am kinda!). Loads of the girls called my anorexic etc. but the most hurtful was one girl, she was coming up the stairs behind me one day and she giggled. I asked her what was funny as she just said:
    "You know, you're so skinny sometime looking at you makes me want to vomit."

Thats awful, people are cruel..I'm really skinny too, and I'm still being hurt over weight comments, not nice..especially since I want and I'm trying to put on weight,I want curves!

When things really hurt you, its hard to forget them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Boydsey14

You werent giving him what he needed so he came to me!

My best friend about my boyfriend - my first love :eek:

Dirtbags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

+ 1 on being more hurt when its a family member/partner because they are supposed to have our back and love us and they know what we are most sensitive about.

But when you live in the real world, you will come accross the usual proportion of ars*holes who like to hurt/are insensitive to other peoples feelings.

IMHO the bits that hurt the most from these people are the bits that we secretly believe are true. Otherwise, we could dismiss tham as being a bit nutty.
    So what I was trying to say is that there are two sides to the stories. The "aren't they pigs" side, and the " why do I feel like that about myself" one.

The less intelligent ars*holes refer to obvious physical things that they see as flawed like being over/underweight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Some of the responses to this thread are so sad... Honestly, how are some people so cruel... :(

I was trying to think earlier about bad things people have said to me and I couldn't think... Obviously I haven't had anything that bad said to me. Either that or I've blocked it out.

Advertisement