Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was the worst that was ever said to you

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

I see lads posting in it so I'll throw in my one. Though this is far from the worst thing (my mother said worse/did worse) it really did hurt and still bothers me to this day.

Basically when I was in 4th year I was talking to the 1st year girls (yeah, I know just listen, it's not THAT bad:P). Anyway, turns out one of them was pretty bad at picking up some stuff with history and maths and I told her I'd try teach her before school and during lunch if she wanted.
    And a 16 year old "teaching" a 12 year old girl got noticed and one day in my class I said I thought a certain girl was very pretty and my mate shouted over to her "here apparently your pretty to him (talking about me). And she was quite happy with the compliment.
    Then a lovely and delightful young lady in my class shouted out (just as the principal walked in) "ah don't worry, he only likes the little kids". To which I was stunned, that lovely young lady grinned and was quite happy in what she had said.

The the principal looked at me, told me to step outside, looked me straight in the eye (with about 3 other teachers around) and said "don't mind that bitch, she's a C-word" and I walked back in grinning :D

But unfortunetly for me he left at the end of that year and the new principal didn't like me very much and the last two years were pretty much filled with insults towards me about that girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Other lads are posting, I want in.

Short and neat, I had a huge falling out with my old gang of friends when I turned 18, why? because I was 18 and they were for the most part 15-16. I received daily phone calls asking me if Id ****ed any kids lately, or just simply the word 'Pedo' being shouted at me, then they'd hang up. Thats really fúcked me up, rather not go into it how though.

Worst thing wasnt even said to me, it was about my girlfriend. Her 'best friend' is a sour bitch and has never quite gotten over the fact that my girlfriend would rather spend time with me than her, during the summer she went around commenting on how when I left her (cos obviously its inevitable :mad:) she( my gf) will be cold and alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Other lads are posting, I want in.

Short and neat, I had a huge falling out with my old gang of friends when I turned 18, why? because I was 18 and they were for the most part 15-16. I received daily phone calls asking me if Id ****ed any kids lately, or just simply the word 'Pedo' being shouted at me, then they'd hang up. Thats really fúcked me up, rather not go into it how though.

Worst thing wasnt even said to me, it was about my girlfriend. Her 'best friend' is a sour bitch and has never quite gotten over the fact that my girlfriend would rather spend time with me than her, during the summer she went around commenting on how when I left her (cos obviously its inevitable :mad:) she( my gf) will be cold and alone.

"They'd"... as in your friends would call you up/say it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Yeah, the ring leaders if you will. Not all of them, just a choice two or three of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

"The only reason you kept you child was because you wasted your youth."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    No bloke would ever do that stuff to their siblings like that.

Not true.
    I could beat most of those stories hands down.

Editted, maybe not actually. I should have read further than page 1. Some of those have been extremely nasty.
    The point I was making was its not always the girls that are the bitch. Some boys can be worse, and more physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

last night in the pub

"oh truley you're looking very ... natural, tonight" :confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Truley wrote: »
    "oh truley you're looking very ... "
    Completely OT but that reminds me of the story of John Wayne playing the Centurion in the "Life of Christ"

John Wayne: "Truly he was the son of Gawd"

Director: "Can we do that again John, but this time put some awe into it"

John Wayne: "Aww truly he was the son of Gawd..."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 coffeenut

ex-boyfriend once told me he didn't want me to go to a celebration type do with him even though all of his friends' girlfriends were going. though it wasn't a direct insult, it made me feel like i was something to be ashamed of. needless to say, i got drunk with my friends that night and dumped him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

You're the second-best priest!:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

me_right_one take a weeks break. Your trolling is not without precedent here and elsewhere. Next one is permanent. Post deleted

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

Nowhere near as bad as some posts on here, but an ex from 2 yrs ago, recently was chatting away to me, and decided to tell me I was a huge disappointment sexually. :o

It really hurt, firstly as not nice to hear you're **** in bed, but mainly that he disliked me so much he thought he'd go out of the way to tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Had a 'friend' today be very ''complimentary'' to me. I'm in Leaving Cert year and she greeted me this morning with ''You are f***ed for your Leaving. Ya do know the points might go up''. To which I replied, ''yes I'm fully aware of that fact and I have taken it into consideration when I am studying to aim for higher then needed.'' Now I know I need a considerable amount of points but that was completely uncalled for. I know that she may not be able to achieve 535 points but I hadn't doubted my ability to achieve them, even if I was struggling slightly with Irish, until now.

I also had injured both my hands seperately yesterday. One hand was burnt whilst cleaning a grill, the other, I occasionally suffer from a weak wrist. Today, my ''friend'' had proclaimed that I was a lier and was faking my injuries... (yea fake blisters, I know)

Also, to add to this on-slaught of pleasantries, she also decided to tell everyone that I suffer from depression (which I don't) just because, for some reason, I was in a bad mood.

What a great day I had....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

When I was in my early twenties a cab driver tried to assault me but I was able to get out of his car. About 5 months later my mother and I were out and a homeless guy we walked past whistled.

So my mother says "Well, at least cab drivers and homeless guys think you are attractive."

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yep, mothers really can be so hurtful. Worst thing ever said to me was by my mother, when I was seventeen and shortly after my dad had died. She said that I may fool others, but she knew that the tears I cried for him were just crocodile tears and that I didn't really care he was dead. That was over twenty years ago and I have never forgot those words. Needless to say, she hasn't changed in all that time and still says hurtful things, but nothing has come close to that comment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

my dad recently got an acquired brain injury, which means he now needs 24 hour care in a nursing home....about 4 or 5 months after this happened, i was telling a guy that i was seeing about it and he asked me if my mother would get married again...one of the most tactless things i'd ever been asked, my father is still the same man, just needs to be cared for in a way that my family can't. i nearly slapped him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

spudd wrote: »
    my dad recently got an acquired brain injury, which means he now needs 24 hour care in a nursing home....about 4 or 5 months after this happened, i was telling a guy that i was seeing about it and he asked me if my mother would get married again...one of the most tactless things i'd ever been asked, my father is still the same man, just needs to be cared for in a way that my family can't. i nearly slapped him!

What I'd read into that is that the guy has never experienced anything like the situation your family is in and just doesn't understand it and doesn't know what he's saying.....as opposed to that he was out to get you. Not saying you are wrong to be angry with him, far from it - he's an ass to say it, but his sin is one of stupidity rather than malice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Eek, so embarrassing and it wasn't said directly to me but this absolute joke of a human being sent a big long message to my boyfriend on facebook (:rolleyes: actually put in writing) about me saying that my boyfriend must gay for going out with me because, according to him I look like a man. He said he hoped me and my boyfriend would both die of cancer and that we should both just kill ourselves. He then went on to say that I was morbidly obese and would die of that anyway. I absolutely bawled crying when I saw it. A few months previous to that he said I should sleep with him because my bf is a prick and then duly turned around and started laying into one of my best friends for being gay. The saddest part of this is this guy is doing psychology :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ive got a very toxic older brother. I no longer have any contact with him at all. As an adult he has said a number of nasty things but nothing beats what he used to say to me as a child and he and I were left to babysit ourselves while our parents went out. He would taunt me for the evening and build up to 'Why cant you just die? Itd be better if you were dead. Why dont you kill yourself?'. This would go on for hours. I was usually a crying mess at the end of it. I would have been around 10 at the time.

An ex once said I had 'arms like slabs of ham' (i dont) - but it made me self conscious about my arms for ages!! Mind you, same ex used to say I was like a beached whale naked (I was around a stone overweight) - then after we broke up he got with and married a girl who is easily 3 or 4 stone overweight - a pretty girl, I have since wondered how much he batters her self esteem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

A "friend" of mine was chattin to her male friend on facebook (who she fancied) he asked her if she had any single friends for him ( he was constantly givin her the brush off) so she told him I was single and to go look at my profile pic...

I said "why did you tell him me, you know I'd have no interest, you should have told him *sarah* she is always moanin bout being single"

and my friend replies.... wait for it!...... "NO sarah's pretty and skinny, he'd only fancy her"

as in Im so hidiously ugly and fat he'd never have interest in me...
    to this day Im sooo cross I didnt pull her on it, think I was just just instantly upset and hung up the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Oh, jay, the worst thing that was said to me was said in complete innocence. An eight year old I was babysitting for asked me, utterly seriously, if I had down's syndrome.

The second worst would be someone who, on my saying I must be a dreadful looking creature to be as single as I am, that she'd never had any trouble getting men so I must just have a ****e personality.

Regretfully now my first reaction was "Don't say that, you're gorgeous!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 babs78

Someone once said to me "You're just like your mother" (and they weren't referring to looks)

For reasons that are far too long to go into I wouldn't inflict my mother's personality of anyone and it would pain me to think that I could ever be as cruel as her or was in anyway like her.

Advertisement