Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fawkes - Fallout 3

Options
  • 30-04-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum (couldn't find an appropriate sub-forum) but I'm wondering if Fallout 3 players have some advice for me.

I'm plodding along with the main quest and I've encountered the friendly super-mutant Fawkes. He's a handy person to have around in a tight spot and I've decided to do a few of the side quests with him around. However, I'm concerned that his death (though he seems very tough) might hamper the main quest. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Don't think it will affect your quests at all. I killed one of the other companion people after she attacked me when I shot her by accident. Just looted her corpse and heard no more about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Companions dont effect the main story. And Fawkes is basically a killing machine once he gets high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shame he couldnt walk into the room eh like being a mutant and all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It doesn't affect any quests. If you put some stimpacks into his inventory, he'll use them to heal himself, provided he's not in combat at the time.

But he's very strong, so as long as you have his back and you're dragging him into situations with missiles flying, he should be ok.

PS, there's a huge fallout 3 thread in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

EGriff wrote: »
    Don't think it will affect your quests at all. I killed one of the other companion people after she attacked me when I shot her by accident. Just looted her corpse and heard no more about it.

Ah Fallout!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Woow_Aqualung

EGriff wrote: »
    Star Paladin Cross? Yeah I let her clear out most of the super mutants around the Washington Monument. Made money selling her Holotag.

Fawkes is very hard to kill, even with misile's, and it wont affect the main quest. You don't lose Karma either and you get his special super sledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Cheers, guys. He is now my full time bodyguard on my trip around post apocalyptic USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I always feel like i'm cheating when i'm using him, but he's just too bloody handy to have him clear out a room of homocidal robots before i go in and loot the bejaysus out of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Are you playing on the PC? If so you can use console commands to make Fawkes "Mission critical" which means he can't be killed, just knocked unconcious. I did that with the dog because he is awesome, but seriously stupid. Oh and btw, Fawkes is actually female :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Fawkes is actually female :)

The developers said afterwards that that was mistake in the text on the computer outside Fawkes' cell -or that it referred to a previous inhabitant of the cell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Yeah, playing on the PC. It looks like I don't have to do any console commands - he's invincible. Maybe this is because it's the game of the year edition :confused:

A Super Mutant Behemoth had somehow inserted itself into the Capitol Building (perhaps there is a hole in the roof?) and after charging headlong into battle, Fawkes proceeded to get a clobbering by it. I stood back and watched :pac:. It came to the point were I had to step in (and use my precious ammo) because he was lying on the floor getting hammered. His energy bar look none the worse after.

Well you've put me in the mood to play Fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A Super Mutant Behemoth had somehow inserted itself into the Capitol Building (perhaps there is a hole in the roof?) and after chargin headlong into battle, Fawkes proceeded to get a clobbering from it. I stood back and watched :pac:. It came to the point were I had to step in (and use my precious ammo) because he was lying on the floor getting hammered from the Behemoth. His energy bar look none the worse after.

I found a squad of mercs in another room and lured them into the room with the big dude then sat back to finish off the winner.

what a game :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kiith wrote: »
    Fawkes is basically a killing machine once he gets high enough.

I knew she was on drugs !!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Monotype wrote: »
    The developers said afterwards that that was mistake in the text on the computer outside Fawkes' cell -or that it referred to a previous inhabitant of the cell.

Oh really? Aww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm pretty sure you will lose Fawkes once you 'complete the game' and move onto the broken steel addon. Pretty sure I lost him and cound never get him back when I did that. Anyone else confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah if I remember right you can't bring him into the new area where the first big battle of broken steel happens. He should be waiting back at the entrance to that museum where all the ghouls live though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Seee, I read that somewhere, that he would be waiting there for you, but when I went there, I couldn't find him. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure you will lose Fawkes once you 'complete the game' and move onto the broken steel addon. Pretty sure I lost him and cound never get him back when I did that. Anyone else confirm this?
    I didn't lose him.

Advertisement