Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Options
  • 30-04-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Got a nice staffie today, well i viewed him today and picking him up tomorrow afternoon from Inistioge Puppy Rescue. Nice friendly guy. Gogreous looking and just wants to be petted and to play..i'll post pics once he settles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Got a nice staffie today, well i viewed him today and picking him up tomorrow afternoon from Inistioge Puppy Rescue. Nice friendly guy. Gogreous looking and just wants to be petted and to play..i'll post pics once he settles.

Well done for going the rescue route! Inistioge do brilliant work and they are so nice to deal with - can't wait to see the pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hope he settles well! My aunt had one, he was like a lamb :D

Slightly jealous as I don't get my pup for another few weeks yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I agree, Inistioge are fab. I used to do transport runs down to them a good bit:)

Looking forward to seeing the pics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Congrats ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Thanks,, Staffies are an under estimated dog, and the hype about them being vicious is wrong.. in the right hands ( my one was and will be ) they are nice friendly dogs.
    Inistioge puppy rescue are a bit out of the way as in the middle of nowhere but they do do great with the dogs and nice people to deal with...as soon as i saw the dog, i knew he was the one...I have an english springer spaniel too that loves other dogs, so the new addition will be good for some company for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You've just rescued (thanks) probably the more loyal and friendly breed of dog to grace Gods good earth.

Post up the pix when you take him/her to its forever home.

Yep i will indeed. He is sposed to be a staffie x huskie, but up close he looks mostly staffie if not pure staffie. There could be some other breed in his blood down the line alright cos his coat is slightly longer than usual but saying that its not that much longer. BUT to me he is a staffie and always will be. The pic on the site doesnt do him justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

OOOOh, your taking Murphy! He really is a cutie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

i'll post pics once he settles.

Damn right you will :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

staffies have the best temprament,very loyal and never a problem health wise.i have two the oldest fellow larsson is 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Yay for new puppy! I wish you many happy years together. Getting a pup can be a lot of work, especially for the unprepared, but they bring such fantastic energy into a house. And fair play to you for getting a rescue dog. I hope you do post pictures when you get a chance. I'd love to see the new arrival.

he isnt a puppy, he is 17 months old, and a playmate for my 12 month old springer spaniel, so im well prepared. now that i have him home, there is some huskie in him alright, can tell by the fur and colour of it and his head is SLIGHTLY longer than a pure staff, but to me, he is a staff, he has the looks and temperment and cuteness, so tho he is a cross, to me he is a staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Web site dedicated towards Staffies. :)

http://eastcoastbullys.topicboards.com/

if that site is dedicated to staffies, then they may need to reconsider a name change...eastcoastBULLYS,,i know bully relates to the BULL but, animal welfare people and people against bull terriers in general will associate the word BULLYS with the fact that bull terriers have had and do have bad press for being vicious...thats the type of site i would rather stay clear of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

All I can think of is whether bullys should have a y or an ie . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Oh yeah and congratulations on the new dog! :) I don't know any Staffies but I love Springer Spaniels :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 smurf32

if that site is dedicated to staffies, then they may need to reconsider a name change...eastcoastBULLYS,,i know bully relates to the BULL but, animal welfare people and people against bull terriers in general will associate the word BULLYS with the fact that bull terriers have had and do have bad press for being vicious...thats the type of site i would rather stay clear of.
    haha lol funny "Animal welfare" do u live in lreland???
    we would change the name if we wanted stereo typers on the site but i dont think that will benefit any staffordshire bullterrier or any dog for that matter...
    Now what u might find when u reg on http://eastcoastbullys.topicboards.com
    is a a bunch of fun loving ppl that love bull breeds aswell as all others. But a word of warning!!! for everyone within the walls of eastcoastbullys you may find people that smoke in public, have skin heads, some even have tattoos!!! Man chillax thats what the site is trying to promote, although sometimes its hard to do that.
    Stay Safe
    Skin head tatooed smoker who loves staffs and pitts

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

he isnt a puppy, he is 17 months old, and a playmate for my 12 month old springer spaniel, so im well prepared. now that i have him home, there is some huskie in him alright, can tell by the fur and colour of it and his head is SLIGHTLY longer than a pure staff, but to me, he is a staff, he has the looks and temperment and cuteness, so tho he is a cross, to me he is a staff.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise he was a bit older. But the congrats still stand because new pup or dog is still exciting. And I didn't mean that you were unprepared,I just meant people who get cute fluffy puppies without realising that they get bigger and bolder unless told what to do.

So how are the two dogs getting on together?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

smurf32 wrote: »
    who loves staffs and pitts

Would that be Brad then :D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 smurf32

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Just putting it out there for anyone who might be intrested in getting a staffie. There is a female in Ash Rescue called Matilda, gorgeous dog, great temperament, we've just taken a rottie out there and havent got room for 2 dogs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

we were promised pics... :(

where are they?!!!

you cant wave the promise of staffie pics in front of us then not deliver :(;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 shambol123

You've just rescued (thanks) probably the more loyal and friendly breed of dog to grace Gods good earth.

This is so true!!!! I adopted a staffie in January 2010 and he is amasingly loving and gentle... well that is when he is not turning the "looney bin" behaviour and runs up the walls when he is excited. At that point I just laugh!!!!!!!

Well done for rescueing one. If anyone is looking to adopt a staffie I have a Facebook page with lots of lonely candidates: www.facebook.com/savethestaffiesireland

Advertisement