Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanging A PS3 Game In Gamestop

Options
  • 30-04-2010 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was given a game by my Aunt for my birthday a couple of days ago.

She purchased the game a few weeks back and as she didn't know what games I had, included the receipt with the game, incase I already had it.

It turns out I did already have the game, and now I want to know if I'm going to be able to exchange it for something else.

The game was never used, but as is usually the case with Gamestop, didn't come in a sealed box or a box covered in plastic.

The receipt was issued on 6th of April 2010.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

From a legal stand point, as there isn't actually a fault with the game, you are entitled to absolutely nothing.

However, I would imagine GameStop have some sort of returns policy, most places tend to offer 28 days exchange period once the product is in the original condition of sale. Again though, whatever they offer (refund, store credit, or credit less a restock charge, that's if they even offer anything) is entirely at their discretion.

Best way of finding out is to try and take the game back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

This may not help you but from my experiance you get more money if you put it up for sale on sites such as www.adverts.ie

But bring it back and see what happens if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

What game is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Kensington wrote: »
    From a legal stand point, as there isn't actually a fault with the game, you are entitled to absolutely nothing.

However, I would imagine GameStop have some sort of returns policy, most places tend to offer 28 days exchange period once the product is in the original condition of sale. Again though, whatever they offer (refund, store credit, or credit less a restock charge, that's if they even offer anything) is entirely at their discretion.

Best way of finding out is to try and take the game back :)

Yeah, that's fair enough. If I bring it back and they won't exchange it I can understand that.

Thanks for the advice mate, I'll report back tomorrow and let you know how I got on.

What game is it ?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Battlefield Bad Company 2 mate.

God Damn, would have bought it off you.

Cost me 45e in HMV today - best price I could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

If you have trouble getting a full credit for it let me know and I will organise to have it swapped out through Gamesnash. Would cost you postal charge if you're not around the Dunboyne area but we will look after you if you need it.

If you have trouble getting a full credit for it let me know and I will organise to have it swapped out through Gamesnash. Would cost you postal charge if you're not around the Dunboyne area but we will look after you if you need it.

No bother mate, cheers. I'll report back tomorrow.

Right, I went in today, explained my situation, lad behind the counter said 'No problem, go ahead and pick out another game'. Picked up the new World Cup game as they didn't have NBA 10 in stock.

Cracking service, I was in and out of the shop in 5 minutes.

Credit to Gamestop :cool:

Advertisement